1938 Cadillac V8 accessories

38Pontiac6

Hello, not the way to go about this. You need to post photos of what you are looking for, are there trim strips over the top of the covers? Reproduction units? Original units? You're looking for a difficult to find accessory. No parts will jump out and find you. Be prepared to show what you have for covers, and how you expect the stanchion to straddle the trim, or do you intend to cut the trim to install........it's not a situation of "bolt on". Good luck.

PS- when installed on the car they are totally worthless as mirrors for driving. I use a five dollar suction cup mirror on the windshield when driving.......easy on, easy off. Much more useful than side mount cover mirrors.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I dont have any pictures. I did find a few picgures through Google images of Cadillacs with the mirrors over the stainless strip. But the pictures are not zoomed in for me to determine how they are installed. I was hoping I could find an accessories brochure with details. From what I sawing my Google search was the base of the mirror is wider than the stainless trim. No saddles. Im not sure if I can use the pictures I found from my Google search. Thanks for your reply. 

Ok, so you're looking for a factory mirror and stanchion....the modern reproduction units fit different.......so there is some progress. Unless you like the looks of them, they are a waste of time....you can't see out of them from the drivers seat..

It will probably be easier to find covers with mirrors than just the mirrors. You're going to spend money........then more on chrome. If the mirror glass or reflector is having problems, it will be even more. Not easy to get them re-silvered today. 

Lots of work, effort, and money to get a set.......ask yourself is it worth it before you take the first step. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

I am trying to help my friend find what he asked for. I am sure its going to be expensive. The car is 98% completed from restoration.  He wants to know what accessories the car came with. He wants the factory mirrors that mount on the side mounts. He is missing the exterior door handle gromets. I will need to find those aswell. 

Understood......did you post in the Cadillac/LaSalle club forum? They are very active there. Your going to have to beat the bushes to find them, or a pair of covers. The Cadillac build sheet is available if you want to see if the car had any special order items or accessories from the factory.

Go to the Cadillac LaSalle Club website and join, it’s free for the on line forum. Look on the site for Cadillac Historical Services......it’s there somewhere. You can send in for the information. Takes a few weeks. 

• Like 1