Looking for information on Luray Pre-War Swap Meet

ch1929

Just got back.

Mostly model T and A, but I did see a few other makes. 
Beautiful area, nice folks, clean rest rooms. Felt good to be at a swap meet this week. 
Took about 2.5 hours to check it all out in one lap, but I always go back to see if the stuff I passed on first time around is still there. 
greg

• Thanks 1

A group of us met for the Luray pre-war Swap meet. Absolutely beautiful day! Not as many vendors as we had hoped. Not much more than what was at the spring meet several years ago. Many I talked to said that some only set up for one of the 3 days. So attendance ebbed and flowed. Vendors whom I spoke with said that they needed more buyers! I did buy a half dozen items and did meet some other Hershey refugees.

DSCF8348.thumb.JPG.c4152fc81e77aef28b278d9039ee39af.JPG

Friends admiring a 1921 Packard series 126 Touring with Rudge Whitworth wire wheels For sale. There were also about 10 Model Ts for sale and a nice original 1929 Hupmobile sedan.

When we had gone to the museum several years ago there were the same cars as there was when I took my children in the 1990s. Also the same cars there when my parents took me in the 1960s. Not complaining as I do love to revisit these museums that still exist. But if you have never been to the museum you are in for a treat.

• Like 1

And a great cavern tour also. With a Salacpipe Organ.

• Thanks 1

There are some good photos of this swap meet on the Model T Ford Club of America website.

https://www.mtfca.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16185

Nice to see there are still some swap meets that have "real" old car parts. I have always enjoyed attending the Pre War Swap Meets in Bakersfield and Chickasha. It looks like Luray should be added to that list as well. For my tastes,  I would rather attend one of these small meets that cater to prewar enthusiasts. 

I like the 1921 Single Six Packard with Rudge wheels, any more information about it? 

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

I made it there this late morning and most vendors had left, I still had fun poking around and talking.  Picked up a couple items, a tee shirt and made a donation to the lodge.  Perfect weather.  Looks like a great spot, I'll be back next year, maybe sell some of my old junk.