HAPPY BRODERICK CRAWFORD DAY - 10-4 ?

Marty Roth

HAPPY BRODERICK CRAWFORD DAY - 10-4 ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=broderick+crawford+highway+patrol+episodes&rlz=1C1YBKB_enUS506US544&oq=broderick+crawford+highway+patro&aqs=chrome.5.0j46j69i57j0l5.1971122j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Highway Patrol stars Broderick Crawford as Dan Mathews, the gruff and dedicated head of a police force in an unidentified Western state. A signature shot of the series is fedora-wearing Mathews barking rapid-fire dialogue into a radio microphone as he leans against the door of his black and white patrol car. Mathews growls "21-50 to headquarters" and the invariable response is "Headquarters by" (as in, standing by).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Highway Patrol had good storylines and plenty of action. It's still being shown on our local 'oldies' cable channel.  They run them at about 5-6 AM.   In the early episodes, the production company actually borrowed squad cars from CHP to use in filming.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, knee-action said:

If memory serves, the 55 Buicks were manual three-speeds on the column. RARE, RARE, RARE. Thanks for an interesting post.

My cousin had two of them. One was stock and later he had another with a hot cam 6 97s on a log manifold. twice pipes, Smitties and a floor shifter, I think Ansen made one for the old selector transmissions. I loved the sound of that car with the exhaust and that Buick gear whine. 

2 hours ago, knee-action said:

If memory serves, the 55 Buicks were manual three-speeds on the column. RARE, RARE, RARE. Thanks for an interesting post.

As I recall, the Buick cop cars on Highway Patrol were often two doors, as well, and I don't think that was very common for police cruisers or detective cars.

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

As I recall, the Buick cop cars on Highway Patrol were often two doors, as well, and I don't think that was very common for police cruisers or detective cars.

JamesR,

Actually many jurisdictions used 2-door models, including New York City

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

JamesR,

Actually many jurisdictions used 2-door models, including New York City

Interesting. Thanks for the education, Marty. I thought it was maybe just Buick showing off their more glamorous models.

• Like 1

I heard a lot of car driving shots were were taken on dirt roads in "The Valley". If they did them on macadam roads there was a risk the star would get ticketed for driving while intoxicated.

Take time to watch the movie Born Yesterday if you haven't seen it. Or watch it again.

• Haha 1