Got a caption for this photo? (Car Humor)

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

It's the first movie I remember seeing in a theater and is still one of my all-time favorites.... :)

I agree. If I'm ever feeling down about anything big or small, I can put that DVD in and smile for the next couple of hours.

Cool flying '57 Ford photo, by the way. It would be even cooler to see it "landing." 😄

Edit: Hey, that would make a decent caption...."Clear for landing on runway #3...over."

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

"Clear for landing on runway #3...over." and over and over and over (as it bounces its way down the runway).

• Haha 1
  • Peter Gariepy changed the title to Got a caption for this photo? (Car Humor)

At least that was"our mother" and wasn't....

Thought the high performance "garbage truck option" was for flatheads.

On second glance, I'm amazed how high up in the cabin the two guys in the car are (no, I'm not making a controlled substance reference. 😄) No seat belts? That adds a whole new dimension of "excitement" to the photo.

"Those revenuers' chevies can't do this!"  (a reference to Thunder Road (1958) in which moonshine transporter Lucas Doolin (Robert Mitchum) in a 57 Ford is chased by federal agent Troy Barrett (Gene Barry) in a 57 Chev)

On 10/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, Lebowski said:

This movie came out in 1963 when I was 11. It's the first movie I remember seeing in a theater and is still one of my all-time favorites.... :)

It was also Harry Snyder’s favorite movie too. Every In-N-Out location I’ve looked closely at has palm trees, sometimes fake, often crossed, as a reference to that movie.