For Sale: 1937 Seagrave V-12 Fire truck - $8,500 - Freeport, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1937 Seagrave V-12 Fire truck - $8,500 - Freeport, MI 

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/d/freeport-1937-seagrave-fire-truck/7204076636.html

Solid 1937 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor. $8,500.00 cash

Copy and paste in your email:  f7aedc650767336ea839741567ed4fed@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1937 Seagrave V-12 Fire truck.

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI a.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI aa.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI b.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI c.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI d.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI e.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI f.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI g.jpg

'37 Seagrave Fire truck. V12 motor MI h.jpg

Third generation Model 66E if I am not mistaken. Big sucker, ladder and hose truck. May or may not have a pump.......they also had three different pumps available. Unfortunately a big and heavy machine that there is very little interest in today, and the motor rebuild costs just as much as a Model J Duesenberg. I have owned a few of them, lots of fun, and lots of work. Smaller trucks are in demand....if they fit in a regular garage. PS- I see signs that the engine has been changed out....very, very common.....so one should NOT assume that the truck is any one particular year.......they kept upgrading them for decades. I see parts on there from the 1930's to the 1950's.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Ed:

What size Pierce-Arrow-based V-12 would this be?    I wonder why half the spark plugs aren't connected.   Would this V-12 be any use for a speedster?

Maybe that price includes the dilapidated Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow sedan too.

Motor is a boat anchor..........making the dual distributor set up work is very expensive and difficult. It’s a 504 series engine........no parts, no gaskets, burns gas like no tomorrow and makes little horsepower. Not a speedster engine at all.........it’s literally is a ton of cast iron.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)