For Sale: 1926 PIERCE-ARROW MODEL 80 - $17,910 - Mission Hills, KS - Not Mine

58L-Y8

For Sale: 1926 PIERCE-ARROW MODEL 80 - $17,910 - Mission Hills, KS 

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/kansas-city-1926-pierce-arrow-model-80/7202282215.html

1926 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80, 5 passenger 4 door sedan, Excellent mechanical condition, Starts easily, reliable driving and stopping. This is a good tour car.  Two tone green.  Very good interior, no rips or tears. Striking color combination, older paint.  Clock and heater blower motor do not work.

Copy and paste in your email:  5e03dec71aa33a6194c3bb46c46491e9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1926 PIERCE-ARROW MODEL 80 sedan.

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS a.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS b.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS c.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS d.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS e.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS f.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS g.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS h.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS i.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS j.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS k.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS l.jpg

'26 PIERCE ARROW MODEL 80 KS m.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grimy said:

...once you get rid of the dangerous rubber fuel hose and plastic filter and hard-plumb the thing properly.....

I agree George......I never run any rubber line on any of my cars. The years fly by so fast before you know it you have a leak. 👍

It’s a go get the ice cream machine. Bone stock, 40 mph is a happy zone, it can easily be made to do a lot more......but you need to throw money at it to get it there. They are remarkably well built, not well understood. It’s a 20’s car........and remember this is the little Pierce so, it wasn’t their big monster machine........that said, they people who have them and drive them in their envelope really like them. I have always had later model 8’s and 12’s......with their higher costs.........these are fun cars.......just don’t mistake them for a 147 inch custom bodied 185 horsepower car. It’s not what this car is. Grimy can chime in better.....he has driven his extensively. 

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

What is the comfortable cruising speed of this car?

The S80s came with one of three diff ratios mandated by the Company for the geographic territory to which it was being shipped:  4.45 (most common), 4.64, and 4.88.  Guess which ratio San Francisco got?  Yep, 4.88, which gives a comfortable cruising speed of 36-37 mph but will pull stumps with ease.  Because it's a driver, we (correction: GLong did, I helped and fetched parts) installed a 26% Mitchell overdrive that completely changed the character of the car:  it's now comfortable at 49-50.

I owned a S80 coupe with 4.45s for 21 years, and its comfortable cruising speed was 45.

Edited by Grimy
fix typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1