Who Hosted the 1961 Glidden Tour in PA & DE?

I've compiled a list of all the national shows and tours the AACA has hosted since its founding in 1935, and I'm trying to fill in some missing details.

Does anyone know who hosted the 1961 AACA National Tour Pennsylvania and Delaware--was it AACA National or one or more AACA regions?  (The tour was on 8-13 October 1961.)  It's not mentioned in the calendars, ads, or article about the tour in Antique Automobile magazine and VMCCA doesn't have the info either.

Does anyone have a tour book or other info on the tour that says who hosted the tour?

Thank you very much!

Edited by Mark McAlpine (see edit history)

Mark - From the magazine article (below), could you assume it was AACA National? Mahlon Patton was National President that year and Co-chairman of the Tour. I now have his '14 Simplex that he's standing in and we toured in it at last year's Glidden in South Carolina. Unfortunately this is all I have of the 1961 Tour. If you find a tour book, I would be interested in a copy.  David

image.thumb.png.e47a7f85115f58f01edef7adbf80e3aa.png

On 9/29/2020 at 10:01 PM, dpeeler said:

Mark - From the magazine article (below), could you assume it was AACA National? Mahlon Patton was National President that year and Co-chairman of the Tour. I now have his '14 Simplex that he's standing in and we toured in it at last year's Glidden in South Carolina. Unfortunately this is all I have of the 1961 Tour. If you find a tour book, I would be interested in a copy.  David

Hello David.  I suspect that's the case, but want to confirm it.  If I can't confirm the information before the new HQ & Library building opens, I'll see if the Library has a copy of the tour book.  The info is probably in it.

If the Library has a copy of the tour book, they can photocopy or scan a copy for you for a modest fee ($0.25 a page for black & white, $0.50 a page for color, and $1.00 to scan it).

Thanks!