Jump to content

Recommended Posts

All,

 

I have a factory Chrysler heater in my airstream, but I think it is missing a chrome emblem on the front of the heater.  If you have a heater (factory or otherwise), can you post an image of it?  I have looked everywhere I can think of but find images of Airstream heaters to be relatively rare.  I will post an image of my heater shortly.

 

Joe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe,

 

   Here is a picture of the heater in my '35 CZ; I have no reason to doubt it being a factory item though it looks quite a bit different than yours.  It seems by 1936, the Airstreams were becoming more refined and perhaps yours has defrost or a additional variable fan/directional capability.  Mine is simply a 2 speed heater that actually works quite well, in fact it will toast you out of the car even on low!

 

  Hope this helps at least somewhat,

 

Greg

Heater.jpg

Edited by SuperJonas (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not have a heater in my '35 Airstream CZ Deluxe, but I also have a '36 Dodge and have an original accessories fold out that shows there were four different models you could get for it.  I would assume that the same would go for the Chrysler as well.  I am sure we may find a few different heaters that would have been either factory or approved dealer installed heaters.  If anyone would like to see a scan of the Dodge heaters, I can provide it as I have scanned the foldout and it is now digital.  I know my '36 Dodge heater even has a brass plate on it with the word Dodge on it so might be something to look for on a Chrysler heater as well.  Good luck.

 

Bob

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bob,

 

I would love to see a scan of the heaters in the accessories fold out, and if you have the time, an image of your body ID tag (showing paint and options) on your firewall.  I am trying to figure out option codes for my 36 Airstream CC8 and an image of your body ID tag would be most helpful.  

 

Thanks so much for the help Bob.

 

Joe

 

5 hours ago, 35cz8 said:

I do not have a heater in my '35 Airstream CZ Deluxe, but I also have a '36 Dodge and have an original accessories fold out that shows there were four different models you could get for it.  I would assume that the same would go for the Chrysler as well.  I am sure we may find a few different heaters that would have been either factory or approved dealer installed heaters.  If anyone would like to see a scan of the Dodge heaters, I can provide it as I have scanned the foldout and it is now digital.  I know my '36 Dodge heater even has a brass plate on it with the word Dodge on it so might be something to look for on a Chrysler heater as well.  Good luck.

 

Bob

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, my accessories fold out is for 1936 Dodge but shows the four heater used for the Dodge.  I can send it to you or post it here whichever you want.  I will try to get a pic of the ID tags on my firewall as soon as I can and will get it to you as well.  Let me know how you want it sent.

Bob

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much!  None of these heaters match what is on my 36, but look at those prices!  $8.95 in today’s dollars is about $167... quite expensive it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe West said:

Thanks so much!  None of these heaters match what is on my 36, but look at those prices!  $8.95 in today’s dollars is about $167... quite expensive it seems.

Depends on how cold you are, I guess 🧊 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh!  That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

 

I officially hate my industrial grade heater now.  Why did you show me this work of art?  🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Joe West said:

Oh my gosh!  That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

 

I officially hate my industrial grade heater now.  Why did you show me this work of art?  🙂

It may be going for sale if I’m not going to use it. I’ll check and see what one I’m gonna go with 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...