Battery Box on 1928 Chrysler Model 72

leomara

Here are the photos, aside from missing the bottom, can anyone tell me why there is a long threaded rod as part of the frame and what the L shaped piece on the left is for? The L shaped piece has a hole in the bottom flange.  Some things are never obvious........

100_0834.JPG

100_0835.JPG

So the 6 volt battery of 1928 was nothing like the group one 6 volt battery of today?  I question that because even the reproduction Ford batteries made for the Model A were not much different in size than todays group 1.  Then again I have no idea what type of battery Chrysler was using except that the owners manual says it was a Willard.....

22 hours ago, leomara said:

So the 6 volt battery of 1928 was nothing like the group one 6 volt battery of today?  I question that because even the reproduction Ford batteries made for the Model A were not much different in size than todays group 1.  Then again I have no idea what type of battery Chrysler was using except that the owners manual says it was a Willard.....

Even today, bigger engines demand bigger batteries. So fairly obviously a Chrysler battery would be much bigger than a Ford battery.

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

Regarding the battery connections, does anyone have a photo or know where the positive ground strap is attached and negative cable is routed?  Also, what these two look like? 

Edited by leomara (see edit history)

6 hours ago, leomara said:

Hey Keiser31, what do your cables look like?

They are standard cables for a 6 volt car. That is to say, they look no different than any other car.