Looking for a nice 1969 Riv Rear Bumper

chuckfmtexas

Just found out the rear bumper on the restored 1969 Riv I bought last May has previous damage that was fixed by brazing. The chrome shop I am using has concerns about re-chroming it after my recent self inflicted tangle with an overhead door steel door frame.  I am wondering if one of you Riv folks here has a nice rear bumper laying around waiting to be re-chromed and installed on my 69 Riv. If so, let me know and how much would it be.

Thanks

Chuck  

chucknixon67@gmail.com

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2020 at 8:25 PM, RivNut said:

On the FB Riviera page, there's some older guy from Oregon who apparently has a ton of parts for '69 Rivieras that he needs to get rid of.  

Thanks, I have bought parts from him earlier this year so I called him and ended up buying a nice rear bumper from him as well as other parts. He has a ton of 69 parts.

On 9/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, chuckfmtexas said:

Just found out the rear bumper on the restored 1969 Riv I bought last May has previous damage that was fixed by brazing. The chrome shop I am using has concerns about re-chroming it after my recent self inflicted tangle with an overhead door steel door frame.  I am wondering if one of you Riv folks here has a nice rear bumper laying around waiting to be re-chromed and installed on my 69 Riv. If so, let me know and how much would it be.

Thanks

Chuck  

chucknixon67@gmail.com

Found a nice core and had it re-chromed. Car is now back to ‘good looking’ and I watch carefully when I am backing up😁

Chuck