For Sale - Not Mine - 1962 Skylark (Speaking of 1962 Skylarks...)

B Jake Moran

00h0h_9GyB2Jaakpq_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I agree.  The light gold painted top against the cream body and with those nice die cast wheel hubcaps make this one nice smaller Buick with some historical importance - also rarely seen at shows.  The interior with bucket seats are very nice. 

I would consider this car to put in my collection.  

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I don't think you could find a nicer unrestored one than this.

Actually there was one for sale in Down state NY not long ago and it was amazingly nice in and out.  I pondered buying it for quite some time,  just because it was so nice and I'm pretty darn picky.  If it had been a little closer I might have pulled the trigger.  I saw it in person the first time at a car show and really looked it over closely.  Like it or not it was a better color in my opinion in the kind of Orchid color with matching interior.  Sounds terrible but really actually looked nice on the car. 

Orchid?  Like a Mauve?  Well, I have seen very few of these in this condition.  These were thin metal, mini.al content disposable cars when new.  They were quickly made to fill a void.  They did, but to collect one and see it go 30+ years is rare.  I doubt many 4 door models remain at all.  

It was a 2 door hardtop.  I wouldn't have bothered with a 4 door.  The owner wanted 12G for it. It literally looked like a 1 or 2 year old car inside out and underneath.  I just took a look.  It was on Facebook but I can't find it.  About 2 months ago I saw it first listed but saw it at the Rhinebeck NY spring car show 2 years ago.  If i had had the money then I might have tried to strike a deal on it,  it was that nice and I'm not a Buick man,  I just appreciate insanely nice original cars. 

12K if it is as nice as it looks is a fair price, I have had 3, a 61 Skylark, a 62 Skylark convertible and a 62 Skylark coupe,  all 3 were sold in the $12k to 16k range. The 4 doors and wagons were all Specials and Special Deluxe, you could also get the Specials in Coupe and convertible.  Having owned 3, I can’t agree with this comment - hese were thin metal, minimal content disposable cars when new.  They were quickly made to fill a void

The Skylark interiors were very plush and had a long list of options .
Build  quality was very good on all 3, the 215 was a perfect engine for them which gave excellent performance and gas mileage. In many wats they were a mini Electra coupe.  Now the base Specials could be pretty plain Jane but that was true of a Special from any year.    

image.thumb.jpeg.c070cd028292da420d5e12a4c423a3b0.jpeg

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)
  • Like 1