My 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe is ALIVE!

keiser31

Well....it has been about 5 years since the planets were aligned enough for me to get my 1931 DB 2 person coupe back on it's feet and running. Thank you so very much to my friends, Pete Bedia and his friend Sarge for all that they did for me. They brought an extra 1931 DB engine up to me from Los Angeles. While they were here, they helped my replace the master and wheel cylinders, bought me a new battery and got most of the new wire loom hooked up. I still have some wiring to figure out, but they must have done something correct because it actually started up! As soon as I get the rest of the wiring figured out and get the little beast registered, I will be driving it daily again. Yay!

IMG_9398 (2).JPG

IMG_9416 (2).JPG

IMG_9403 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Congrats Keiser,

Very nice to see it out in the open. It brings back memories for me, when growing up in the 60's and 70's my best friend's parents had a 1930 DD6 R/S coupe, we went all over Zimbabwe and even down through Mozambique to Beira in the rumble seat of that car, it was a nice touring car.

Viv.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Good news, it's a beauty. share some running and driving videos when you can.

If you go to YouTube and type in "1931 Dodge" or "John Keiser", you can see some older videos of the car on the road and the story about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SC38DLS said:

Good looking car, very good it’s running again. Great friends to do something like that. You must be the luckiest guy in the world right now. Dodged the fires, got the car running and great friends!  Go buy a lottery ticket 😃

I certainly could not ask for better friends than they are. I may just go get some tickets!

• Like 2

Guest Mark McAlpine

Congratulations, Keiser31!  You've got some great friends--that's what this hobby is all about:  old cars and old (and new) friends.

I look forward to seeing photos of you & your Dodge on its first test drive.

On 9/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, TexRiv_63 said:

Good news, it's a beauty. share some running and driving videos when you can.

I think you and Keiser31 need to have a drag race: Battle of the cool old original 30's non-Ford coupes! I'd pay to see that! Two great cars.

Congrats to Keiser on getting his beautiful old Dodge running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's great that Pete Bedia and his friend Sarge got you fired up after the big FIRE.

After helping other for years, Pete Bedia and his friend Sarge prove the old adage

that what goes around comes around.   We're happy for you!

Now for the one in the garage, you shuld be motivated.

• Like 2