FOUND! WTB 1933 Plymouth PD dash

I am looking for an entire dash for my 1933 Plymouth PD. The car had been rebuilt in the 70's and they cut the original dash out with cutters and replaced it with a DIY plywood dash... So, I am hoping to find the entire original dash. The picture shows where they cut it off and what I need. I don't need the gauges. The glovebox would be nice.  

I assume I will need to weld this back in unless someone knows (and shares) of a way to officially remove the dash. From what I have found, it seems to be part of the body.

I will go the fiberglass route if need be. Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks!

IMG_3462.jpg

Edited by Merric33
added tag (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Merric33 said:

Any info will be appreciated!

Even though it looks like a blind man made those bizarre cuts.... they left a very important piece to make your job easier.  They left the top part that allows the dashboard to be recessed forward.  

Being it is not a stock resto, and if you cannot find the correct dash to weld in completely; many early dashboards share that recess design. You could marry a trimmed non-Plymouth dash to what is still there.  Most dashes will have a slight width difference as well a slight difference in the curve of the lowest edge of the dash, but I've done this type of swap before and it's not difficult to adapt the wrong one.

Also, a 33/34 Mopar guy might be able to tell you which Mopar brands and years would be a perfect direct fit.  You'd think there should be some used ones out there as so many were made. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, F&J said:

Even though it looks like a blind man made those bizarre cuts.... they left a very important piece to make your job easier.  They left the top part that allows the dashboard to be recessed forward.  

Being it is not a stock resto, and if you cannot find the correct dash to weld in completely; many early dashboards share that recess design. You could marry a trimmed non-Plymouth dash to what is still there.  Most dashes will have a slight width difference as well a slight difference in the curve of the lowest edge of the dash, but I've done this type of swap before and it's not difficult to adapt the wrong one.

Also, a 33/34 Mopar guy might be able to tell you which Mopar brands and years would be a perfect direct fit.  You'd think there should be some used ones out there as so many were made. 

Thank you for the info! :) It seems like everyday I work on the car becomes a new adventure with the unique engineering I encounter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Merric33, If you're still in need of the dash panel, I think I can help you with it. It might be pitted but will be usable and not pricey. I can send you a picture.   Harry   973 202 9250   NJ   ( Northern Area)

• Merric33 changed the title to FOUND! WTB 1933 Plymouth PD dash