1937 Cadillac 70 rehab

ericmac

Thanks so much. I have been in contact with Mr. Carlsonand we are already well on our way to forming a new friendship.  Unfortunately,  he is retired and I am not so my ability to interact has some time constraints.  His '37 70 series is quite a magnificent car.

Now unfortunately I have to issue you a warning ticket for the infraction of mid summer and you have not dropped that top on your car!! 😁😁😁

Or maybe you have since writing, we need a full report...

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Now unfortunately I have to issue you a warning ticket for the infraction of mid summer and you have not dropped that top on your car!! 😁😁😁

Or maybe you have since writing, we need a full report...

Actually,  once Lowell talked me through the process,  it was easy. 

20210620_095433.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I have been following this and other restoration threads in the forum lately. I joined the club just last month. I have a lot of admiration for the guys here that are willing to tear into a full frame off restoration and willing to do almost all of the work themselves. I learn a lot (and am reminded!) that proper, thoughtful, thorough, diagnosis is essential. One advantage that we have at this point in our lives is that we don't have to fix these cars on Sunday night to make it to work on Monday morning, though i'll bet that was a common situation when we were all younger. It is a luxury to be able to slow down, step away, and just drive the truck to work instead! I have been involved in the automotive and motorcycle hobby for over fifty years, though not with true Classic or Antique vehicles. Lot's of respect for the members of this forum. Love that Cadillac. 

7 hours ago, Rivguy said:

I have been following this and other restoration threads in the forum lately. I joined the club just last month. I have a lot of admiration for the guys here that are willing to tear into a full frame off restoration and willing to do almost all of the work themselves. I learn a lot (and am reminded!) that proper, thoughtful, thorough, diagnosis is essential. One advantage that we have at this point in our lives is that we don't have to fix these cars on Sunday night to make it to work on Monday morning, though i'll bet that was a common situation when we were all younger. It is a luxury to be able to slow down, step away, and just drive the truck to work instead! I have been involved in the automotive and motorcycle hobby for over fifty years, though not with true Classic or Antique vehicles. Lot's of respect for the members of this forum. Love that Cadillac. 

Thanks so much for the kind words about the Cadillac and the work on it. The car really is a labor of love, as all of these cars should be.  I don't think I'll be doing a complete restoration of this car but do plan another crazy level job on my '26 Model T Fordor.  The Caddy? It will remain a driver.