Sold - Roadster Top Bows $250

RRS

Sold - Set of roadster top bows. Stored for decades, original paint, not rusted, missing one wood bow. I can't remember the exact year, not going to build a roadster (grandkids), so here it is looking for a good home. They are 48.5 inches apart at the mounting holes. $250.  Located in East Central Iowa. 319-848-4484.

DSCN3179.JPG

DSCN3183.JPG

DSCN3181.JPG

Edited by RRS (see edit history)

It could be easily adapted to any of many roadsters of the '10s or '20s! Good tops are getting harder to find, and very rarely can they be truly identified. Dimensions would help a lot to find if it is a close fit for a roadster missing its top.

This top appears to have "oval" sockets. Ford used oval sockets up though part of 1918 if I recall correctly. In 1918 they switched to "square" sockets for the rest of model T production. However Ford also used "two-man" tops in USA production through 1922. This is a "one-man" style top.

There could be a slim chance it might be a Canadian Ford roadster top. They went to the one-man style earlier than USA did, in 1920 if I recall correctly. I don't know how late they used oval sockets. It "might" have been that late.

Do try to get it to someone that can use it, or will pass it onto someone that can. There are a lot of antique cars missing their tops. Doesn't make them worth a lot of money, because not enough people are putting that much effort into restoring marginal cars. However, your $250 asking price is reasonable.

• RRS changed the title to Sold - Roadster Top Bows $250