Rebuilding Search Index - searches will be incomplete until sometime in the morning of 6/11/21. ×

need for 1935 CZ8

35cz8

Thanks Greg.  What I need to see is if it is the same width and same appearance as the trim on the side of the hood or body.  I have several extra trim pieces for the sides but missing the center of the grill trim.  I thank you in advance.

Bob

Bob,

Here are several pictures highlighting the trim piece in the center of the grill. It does appear it's very similar (in width at least) to the pieces running the length of the body.  It looks like it may attach differently but if you have extra, you could fabricate something looking very close to original.  

I also took a shot of the piece that covers the crank opening, it is removable, and then it just clips back on when put back in place. Perhaps you could just make one longer strip as it may be easier.  

I hope these are of some help to you!! Good luck!!

Greg

Front Grille.jpg

Front Grille2.jpg

Front Grille3.jpg

Front Grille4.jpg

• Like 2

SuperJonas,

Thanks for the great photos.  I think I can make up the trim pieces I need now.  I thought it would be about the same as the side trim and I have several extra pieces of those.  I was missing some of the end "bullet" trim pieces on the running board trim (end of the rubber strips) but was lucky enough to find them.  I think I have about every part now for my 1935.  Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Bob

• Like 1

Bob,

Glad to help; should you need any other pictures, I can certainly assist as best I can.  I am very fortunate to have this car with it being practically 100% original and complete.  I had it on the rack and was just amazed by everything and how the underneath looked; even the GY diamond tread tires date to 1983 and look in really great shape.  Did you know the rear window has a roll-up shade? (a Deluxe option I was told)  Look carefully at the interior of yours, at the base of the window, there should be a tab, pull it and the shade unrolls and latches on a small hook at the top of the window!

Right now, I am working through rejuvenating the paint.  Taking one panel at a time, I am washing, claying, and glazing the paint carefully then waxing.  I am removing a lot of old blue, dead paint, but the results so far have been fantastic, revealing a very deep blue, the color is Viennese Blue. I want to avoid re-painting it.

I hope to see yours came back together and return to the road, there are so few CZs out and about!!

Greg

Edited by SuperJonas (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Greg,

I will have to check out my car for that rear window shade, that would be a neat thing to have.  Mine runs great but  I need to completely rebuild the entire brake system on it as the master cyl is frozen solid.  After that, I need to do some wiring to get all the lights working again and do general overall inspection of the car to make sure it is legal to drive.  I used to drive it around our neighborhood ( at slow speeds) and use the hand / parking brake to slow or stop it but the car is now tucked away in my garage, waiting for repairs.

Thanks again for the great photos, I feel better knowing I can make the trim I need and that I am not looking for something that may never be found.

Bob