Dodge Brothers Spare Tire cover

Hi there, just dropped in as I have a friend who has a Dodge Brothers spare tire cover. He is a motorcycle guy and is not computer savvy so I told him I would ask about this, as I am a motorcycle guy but computer savvy!

Is this a 1932 Dodge Brothers spare tire cover? Is it worth something? Is there anyone who might need something like this?

Mark

IMG-2353.jpg

IMG-2354.jpg

As TerryB said, the emblem is in great shape and it's desirable. The cover needs stripped and repainted, but is definitely worth some money. I would repost this question in the both the Chrysler and Dodge & Dodge Brothers forums on this site. Just don't jump at the first offer you get. Hopefully you'll get multiple responses with a value estimate and that will assist you in determining a fair value.

I think what you have is somewhat of a mis-match between the cover and the emblem.  The Dodge wings did not come in that color scheme until 1933, and what you have almost looks like a 35 Dodge trunk emblem.  In any event, the emblem is not a 32.  There is also the extreme difference between the condition of the cover and the enamel on the emblem--one would not expect the emblem to be so spotless when the cover has obviously seen a rough life.  Further, the cover is definitely not a 33 or newer, so it mis-matches the emblem.  The 32 emblem is a different color scheme, part blue and part silver, also a very striking emblem (see attached photo).  Don't know about the year on the cover itself other than it is not a 33-34-35 Dodge.  Emblem is valuable and worthy of saving, someone else will have to help with an ID and/or value on the cover.  

32dodgeemblem.jpg

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

I think what you have is somewhat of a mis-match between the cover and the emblem.  The Dodge wings did not come in that color scheme until 1933, and what you have almost looks like a 35 Dodge trunk emblem.  In any event, the emblem is not a 32.  There is also the extreme difference between the condition of the cover and the enamel on the emblem--one would not expect the emblem to be so spotless when the cover has obviously seen a rough life.  Further, the cover is definitely not a 33 or newer, so it mis-matches the emblem.  The 32 emblem is a different color scheme, part blue and part silver, also a very striking emblem (see attached photo).  Don't know about the year on the cover itself other than it is not a 33-34-35 Dodge.  Emblem is valuable and worthy of saving, someone else will have to help with an ID and/or value on the cover.  

32dodgeemblem.jpg