Jump to content

Attractive Prewar Sedans


alsancle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, alsancle said:

 

Bob,  are you saying I would make a good used car salesman?    It is easy,  so many run of the mill cars to get bored looking at,  or something unique and special for the price of a pile of Model A Ford parts.

 

And yes,  it has a steel chassis.

 

If you have been following my HAMB projects, I've been trying to build a sister car to that Franklin with Ford parts. Just sent Mike a PM. There could be a massive garage and basement clearance sale here. Haven't had anything that large since the '28 443 Packard Roadster project. Bob 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

 

If you have been following my HAMB projects, I've been trying to build a sister car to that Franklin with Ford parts. Just sent Mike a PM. There could be a massive garage and basement clearance sale here. Haven't had anything that large since the '28 443 Packard Roadster project. Bob 

 

I check in on the HAMB maybe once every other month.  I'm still annoyed that the dictator moderator closed the hot rod Cord thread for some unknown reason.  I used to be on there twice a day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

I know the owner of this 1938 Rolls-Royce Phantom III (V12). He did a complete strip and rebuild on it.

 

 

IMG_8661 - Copy (2).JPG


Rolls moved the motor over the front axle on the PIII and the result was a short appearing hood.  Odd considering how big the engine is.

 

The angle of your picture actually makes it look pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alsancle said:


Rolls moved the motor over the front axle on the PIII and the result was a short appearing hood.  Odd considering how big the engine is.

 

The angle of your picture actually makes it look pretty good.

 

I took this engine shot of the same car in the owner's shed a few years earlier. Hadn't really given much though to where the engine was in relation to the front axle - which I presume has independent suspension.

 

 

IMG_0956 - Copy.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

 

I took this engine shot of the same car in the owner's shed a few years earlier. Hadn't really given much though to where the engine was in relation to the front axle - which I presume has independent suspension.

 

I think a better way of wording what I said would have been "they moved the radiator forward of the centerline of the front wheels".   The PIII does have independent front suspension.

 

If you look at the PII in gray and then the PIII below it you see what I mean.

 

History of pre-war Rolls-Royce cars | Rolls-Royce car club | 20-Ghost Club

1937 Rolls-Royce Phantom III Limousine - My Dream Car

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Are we now moving into offshore sedans?  Brit razer edge style certainly is appealing on several cars.

 

Did I limit it to American?   There are some very attractive European cars for sure.   I'm ok with free form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

The local American car day was held yesterday - Sunday 1 November. I didn't get there but luckily a local photographer posted a bunch of photos on facebook.

 

Most cars there are the expected run-of-the-mill stuff - predominantly post war Big Three cars.

 

This Packard is one I have not seen here before. 1933 I guess.  The photo is not clear enough to read the registration sticker on the windshield.

 

 

Packard.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

The local American car day was held yesterday - Sunday 1 November. I didn't get there but luckily a local photographer posted a bunch of photos on facebook.

 

Most cars there are the expected run-of-the-mill stuff - predominantly post war Big Three cars.

 

This Packard is one I have not seen here before. 1933 I guess.  The photo is not clear enough to read the registration sticker on the windshield.

 

 

Packard.jpg

 

Yes, 1933 Packard Super Eight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...