YEA! We're On A New Server!

Guest rcirilli

Thanks Peter, I figured that was your handy work. As the state of PA says....A temporary inconvienence for a perminent improvement. Except here it really happens. In PA they just break for winter.

Peter ~ I will be at the host hotel, Holiday Inn, Palo Verde, starting next Saturday night. Lets touch base and set up a day.<BR>Judy's sister and brother in law will be touring with us, but conv. sedans have large back seats. Also they may not go out every day. We can make it work. Looking forward to having you along. Howard & Judy smile.gifsmile.gif

PeterG,<P>On my two posting attempts today I had the following occur when I pressed the "Submit Reply" button:<P>The browser (Netscape 4.61 on WinNT) simply showed a "waiting response from server" message. No indication that the post happened.<P>I was tempted to do a stop followed by another submit reply. But I opened a new window and checked and my reply was there.<P>This had not happened to me prior to today and now it has happened twice in a row. Could there be something about the new server causing this?<P>Tod

Apparantly, a lot of us are having trouble. I've found 2 threads today that had the same mesage posted 3 times. When I tried to post on those threads, I couldn't get a response after submitting my message. I checked with the "reload" button and found that my message <I> had </I> been posted, but no resopnse back to my computer came. <P>Sorry, Peter. I'd all been going so well, too! smile.gif

I noticed that the top tool bar does not have the "back" button on it. Is this because of the new server? I usually use this to switch between topics as it is faster than using the button at the end of the thread.

Im on it... (gotta love microsoft products eh?) LOL<P>Peter<P>P.S. For those who are curious, I went from a Linux server to Windows 2000 server. Imagine being a Ford guy all your life, then being forced to restore a Russian clone of a Fiat. smile.gif<p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 10-16-2000).]

Peter ~ I seem to have screwed up big time on this one. Forget anything that comes up here. Sorry shocked.gif hvs<p>[This message has been edited by hvs (edited 10-16-2000).]

I assume the move was forced. I can't imagine a person willingly moving from Linux to Win2000 smile.gif<P>The hardware company I work for is trying to migrate its "indoor unit" from Windows to Linux to get lower license fees and, more importantly, better network routing control.

Peter, ~ I had a problem similar to Tod's last night. I posted a reply in the usual manner and I got a message telling me something I didn't understand, so in my ignorance I tried to post it again. That time I got a message saying there was a built in delay in consecutive postings by the same person. I thought the heck with it and clicked off, only to find that my first post was on the thread. That was on the same thread where one fellow had 3 identical consecutive posts. He probably ran into the same problem I did, but didn't give upand kept trying.<P>I think there IS a problem somewhere. Howard<BR> smile.gifsmile.gif

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Peter, I know that the new server is great and MS Windows 2000 is different, but is it more powerful than a locomotive, able to bend steel in its bare hands and can it leap tall buildings in a single bound? I find the problem with MS products in general is that they try to be smarter than you are and have lots of things the average guys never use. SalG