Peerless/Pierce-Arrow Facebook group page

curtissjpool

Hello Peerless members,

In the spirit of friendship and co-operation, and the fact that Peerless automobiles were regarded as one of the three P's of luxury automobiles in their time, the Pierce-Arrow Museum at Gilmore Facebook page is open to Peerless members for posting photos, comments and discussions about Peerless automobiles, memorabilia, and for sale and want ads as well.  If you are currently a Facebook member, come check us out...  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2690180121207927

Edited by curtissjpool
adding (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thank you Curtis! That cheers me up. I appreciate the camaraderie shown by your group recognizing our group as having similar origins. I posted earlier this week on the AACA Pierce-Arrow Forum an advertisement from Banker Brothers showing they represented both firms in their earliest years. Peerless has a patent going back to 1869 which appears on many of their patent plates....and Peerless started out in 1865 making laundry equipment.

The great David Baird, former Pierce-Arrow Society member who passed away in 2014, personally funded a large Peerless booth at the 2013 Hershey Meet, and in the same spirit of co-operation brought not only a Peerless -- but a Pierce-Arrow to display in the  30-by-30-foot tent. Working with other PAS members and the Pierce-Arrow Museum at Gilmore, he arranged for the joint PAS-PMCC Tour & Show in 2013 six weeks earlier. As I recall, there were 18 Pierces and 6 Peerlesses on the show field.

It rained like crazy at that Hershey Meet, only had time to see 8 of the other swap meet spaces in three days(the Peerless Booth was mobbed!), and I got a little flack for wearing Pierce-Arrow shirts in the booth....but the whole experience was great. The 2 days of touring with the "Buffalo-built" and "Cleveland-built" automobiles + the car show was a real highlight of my life. I got to drive a '37 Pierce-Arrow. How many people can say that!

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Hello Jeff,

I was at that Peerless/Pierce-Arrow Gathering in 2013 and really enjoyed the camaraderie shared by both clubs.  I have proposed an idea to the Gathering at Gilmore committee to repeat the gesture, only this time let's add a few Packard members for a reunion of the 3 P's at Gilmore.  The idea is for the Packard members to bring vehicles prior to 1938 as to the last year of Pierce-Arrow production. I think it would be quite the show!

As for the Pierce-Arrow Museum page, since the Packard club already has numerous sites on Facebook, it was decided not to bring them on to the museum page but keep it for Peerlees and Pierce-Arrow members only.

I hope this page helps to revive interest in both vehicle makes, and possible score some new members for both clubs.

Welcome aboard.

• Thanks 1

There was someone who went to the 2013 Gathering At Gilmore who did a good photo-essay on it as an outsider. I'll see if I can find it.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/11/the-three-ps-of-motordom-pierce-arrow-peerless-and-panteras/

by Ronnie Schreiber on The Truth About Cars Blog

Here is a sample photo from that article -- with Richard Lichtfeld's 1916 Peerless Model 56, and a 1920 Model 56 behind it that belonged to Lloyd and Shirley Young.

Peerless 1916 Model 56 V8 Seven Passenger Touring Car. Full gallery here.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1