Posts From The Twilight Zone Here ...

Trulyvintage

It can do but Fuel cost will probably keep you awake nights. A Cummins Diesel would be happier. I'd be concerned about the transmission if it's an automatic. Your owners manual will probably have the answers your looking for.

Here is a picture from the Twilight Zone episode "Mr. Bevis".

The main character, Mr. Bevis, is shown starting his 1923 Rickenbacker.
Is this the Twilight Zone you were referring to?  😁

i247323.jpg

• Like 2

These are the people who share the road with you with five times as much weight, half the maintenance, and 10% of the brains. I'm shocked there aren't more bodies in the streets. You should see some of the jacked-up rigs that show up here to move cars. I wouldn't trust them to take my wheelbarrow down the driveway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, vintchry said:

This reinforces my belief that one should never buy to pull. Buy to stop. Rob

I had a 1913 motorcycle. One of the first questions I would always get 'how fast does it go?' I would respond 'the more important question is how quick will it stop?'

• Like 2

Really? Eight 3500/4000 pound cars equal about 32,000 pounds, 16 tons. Plus, the trailer has to be a few tons, so roughly 20 tons? This must be some kind of a joke. Has he ever seen the rigs that auto transports use. My major concern would be braking at speed with this set up. What is his name Rod Serling?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

Really? Eight 3500/4000 pound cars equal about 32,000 pounds, 16 tons. Plus, the trailer has to be a few tons, so roughly 20 tons? This must be some kind of a joke. Has he ever seen the rigs that auto transports use. My major concern would be braking at speed with this set up. What is his name Rod Serling?

The guy who posted this is a Hauler

on the Facebook group I belong to.

That was a serious post he made 🙄

Jim

I only hope he doesn't bring that rig thru Southern Vajenya.

Pretty sure a hauler that size would be equipped with air brakes. Where does he propose to get a brake air source off a 3500 Ram?

But, some people, whether thru ignorance or arrogance, believe nothing is impossible.

The Red Queen, speaking to Alice... "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!" 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2020 at 7:48 AM, Matt Harwood said:

These are the people who share the road with you with five times as much weight, half the maintenance, and 10% of the brains. I'm shocked there aren't more bodies in the streets. You should see some of the jacked-up rigs that show up here to move cars. I wouldn't trust them to take my wheelbarrow down the driveway.

Then you throw in prescription drugs🥴, No Doz🥱, cell phones🙄, and the thought of being on the road really gets scary. Makes me want to go out and buy a motorcycle. 

15 hours ago, Fossil said:

Then you throw in prescription drugs🥴, No Doz🥱, cell phones🙄, and the thought of being on the road really gets scary. Makes me want to go out and buy a motorcycle. 

And then people wonder why I prefer to stay away from (larger) group drives and tours or start my Sunday vintage leisure drives very early, often between 4 & 6 am and be done before aforementioned appear to clutter the roads. 🙄

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 2:55 AM, zepher said:

Here is a picture from the Twilight Zone episode "Mr. Bevis".

The main character, Mr. Bevis, is shown starting his 1923 Rickenbacker.
Is this the Twilight Zone you were referring to?  😁

i247323.jpg

I would love to watch this episode but it is not on Youtube. Found it on a movie site but they have a scary registration I don't want to do. Is there a good place to download or watch?

13 hours ago, Trulyvintage said:

Episode Is Here:

Jim

Unfortunately, that is audio only.

Many years ago I purchased the complete series on DVD so I get to go back through and watch them whenever I want.