Wtb : temp gauge 1940 special sedan

Robby120113

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 5:21 PM, Pete Phillips said:

New old stock, in the original box, with gauge face, capillary tube, etc., for 1940

IMG_0761.JPG

Hi. I never noticed this message. Sorry. But i see that you have a different gauge then mine. Yours look like a 39 right?  Mine is round. Together with the ammeter. 

I can assure you that this is a temperature gauge for a 1940 Buick. I don't know what you've got, but I've got a gauge for a '40 Buick and I know it is the correct one. If you don't want to buy it, that's fine. I'll put it back in the box and on my shelf.  1939 Buick gauges do not look like this.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

On 9/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Robby120113 said:

Hey all. More and more i am fixing little flaws on my buick. A thing that is bugging me is the aftermarket temp gauges mounted underneath my dash. Can i get a replacement? Keep in mind to ship it to someone in the states to fix is hard for my since i live in the Netherlands 

thanks

Can you attach a photo of what you have? 

Then maybe some one changed in the beginning since it looked like it was never removed. The cables were so brittle that when i touched it they broke. Also there was a stamp on the back with 40. Not possible that my car was already provided these style gauges? Will be a more expensive job to change all the gauges. So will leave it for now i think