1950 buick torque tube.

Mr. Reed

Someday in the future when funds allow the car will be painted, rechromed and the most of the brackets in the engine bay blasted and powder coated in black. The car is actually in good shape as it is but can be better. At least it doesn't need floors or rockers and we aren't staring over.

8 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Make sure the harness has the correct connectors on it.  1950 Buick’s used a 1 year only “bullet” connector.  Some vendors require you to take yours off and solder it on the new harness.

Wow, Bill, I did not know they were one year only!   One can see why.

Ben

If you need headlight/parking light harnesses, Rhode Island Wiring www.riwire.com sells a nice repro set. The terminal blocks can be found through various venders. My originals were shot. Other than that, I replaced only what was needed, for now. Full harnesses are $$$.

2DE5AAF9-59FA-45D9-BD24-9E0D6ED1EFD0_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you. Yes a '51 Super. Wife actually found the car, not me. A well cared for, low mileage (27,000) car that mainly needed heavy degreasing, undercarriage derusting and paint. New brake lines, cylinders, shoes, rear wheel bearings, core plugs, manifold resurfacing, and basic component cleaning, and engine detailing, new roof paint. Interior is original except for floor rugs I installed. No Dynaflow leaks or issues....so far.

You'll get there. Enjoy the process. 

• Like 1