Plymouth Trans

broker-len

Am working on a 32 PB transmission with the beveled gears and free wheeling---trying to get it apart and would like to here from some one who had done the job or has any literature addressing this unit,,,,all I have is the large parts book and owner's manual----please contact me at     bobnroman@yahoo.com

thanks for responding-----is issue is the gears and shift fork,,,cluster is frosen with what appears to be hardened oil   it is like a think paste locking every thing I tried to fill the case with gasoline but because I have removed some things there are holes and no matter what I do it leaks out-----I guess I could take the trans to a shop and have the hole thing dipped in cleaning tank

Here's a idea from the "Working Irish"  .  Remove the top sifter plate  Stand the transmission on the drum end and place it in a plastic  tub or 30 gallon metal barrel  and fill it  about 14'' with a fluid of your choice, or better yet a mix.  Diesel fuel is cheap.  Every now and then try turning it.   If you have a old clutch plate use it as a lever.  ( When I was in prison I was the only inmate the Warden would let work on his wife's Whizzer motor bike. )  Stay Safe.   Don