Obsolete mopar parts

vette-kid

Anyone purchase from Ed at antiquemopar.com (obsolete mopar parts).  I've just had a rough run in with him and just curious of others experience.  It's got me frustrated because he had two hard to find parts at good prices, but I found him to be a rude and condescending cantankerous man that didn't seem too interested in having a customer.  

Perhaps I'm overly paranoid and mistrusting but I didn't think it would be insulting to ask for a guarantee of some kind and to prefer PayPal to a personal check when no such guarantee is given.  Too much risk.  He got offended and the discussion went downhill quick so I opted not to do business with him.

I don't want this to just be a flaming season against him, if you've had good experiences I'd like to know.  I may have to eat my hat and go back to him at some point.  But his reaction makes me mistrust him more (if you get offended when I ask for proof that it works or a guarantee, it sounds a bit fishy).

I'm really not looking for someone to "join my team" as you say.  I'm looking for candid feedback on others dealings with him and his business (sounds like a one man show, but I'm not sure).  I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, maybe he did have a bad week.

Similarly, if hope others would post up about it if they have had bad interactions with someone.  

I'm not sure why it's paranoid and mistrusting to ask about a guarantee and to not like sending a personal check.  I've asked several other vendors and all replied respectfully.  He could have simply replied that he didn't for whatever reason and only takes checks or money orders.  That would have been fine, although not likely to get my business.  But instead we went around about how he was offended that I would ask that and I should just trust him.  That makes me more suspicious.  But again, perhaps it was a bad day/week.  So here I am, soliciting feedback on his business.  I'm suspicious by nature, but trying hard to get to yes on this.  There's too few parts available in this hobby and I hate the idea of writing one off.  

• Like 3

He has parts you won’t find elsewhere, and he knows it, and so do you, just business, sounds like you took it personal, it’s only business,,,and it’s between you “ two”  dirty laundry” doesn’t belong here, that’s your business, I think you may have to swallow some pride and just get your parts, No?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, knobless said:

He has parts you won’t find elsewhere, and he knows it, and so do you, just business, sounds like you took it personal, it’s only business,,,and it’s between you “ two”  dirty laundry” doesn’t belong here, that’s your business, I think you may have to swallow some pride and just get your parts, No?

I don't have a problem with his policy.  His business, his choice.  It's good rudeness and righteous indignation.  I felt it was no way to treat customers and I would hope others would post similar experiences with vendors.  

4 minutes ago, vette-kid said:

I don't have a problem with his policy.  His business, his choice.  It's good rudeness and righteous indignation.  I felt it was no way to treat customers and I would hope others would post similar experiences with vendors.  

I have bought off him before , didn't really notice anything, just a customer buying from a seller,,,then again everyone has a bad day now and then,,,

• Thanks 1

I've never dealt with him specifically but have many experiences with ole timers who seem miserable, so I know the kind very well unfortunately.

Some guys (like me) are just a holes and come across harsh... not good in business though.

Here locally, we used to have a 67-72 Chevy truck parts dealer in North Phoenix called Grumpys. Everyone complained about him.. why? Because he was grumpy... but at least you knew what you were getting when you bought from him. A lot of guys chose not to visit his store and it caught up with him and his doors have been closed for years.

I for one don't like the old hats in the hobby that think their rare parts are so rare that they think they can treat others like dirt out of arrogance or righteous indignation or whatever their problem is. I simply won't buy from them and keep looking elsewhere.

Sounds to me like he's not worth your time if he can't at least communicate with his customers without flying off the handle. Bad day or not, do guys like him want the business or not? Those old hats that seemed to be bothered are just not worth a waste of time in my opinion. Parts are out there, you just have to keep looking. In my opinion, the hunt is always more fun than dealing with ole timers who hate life...however, if you need the part immediately and don't have time for the hunt then it's best to bite the bullet and go back with your tail between your legs. Begging may be in order if you need it overnighted... ;) 

• Thanks 1