Lever Shock rebuild kit?

Turbosl2

Can i buy the seals/gaskets to rebuild these? I would like to pull them out one by one and rebuild this winter. The car is not worth the +$1000 to buy them already done. I have a blast cabinet, press,...etc and even the old instructions on how to do so.

1941 Special series 40

I think your friendly local bearing guy can fix you up with seals. Gaskets you likely have to make. I haven't done Buick shocks but have done Chevy ones. Biggest pain is lining up the 2 arms to weld together in the correct alignment to fit the pivot. Try before you weld.  

On 9/12/2020 at 12:49 PM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

The two arms are welded. Of course, the back ones only have one arm..  You might check Old Tanks  [  poster on here ] web site.  He has documented rebuilding procedure and may have parts mentioned.

Ben

will do,

Thanks Ben

I posted about this in the past, Carl on the east coast did my shocks for 169.00 each including shipping one way. Turned out great and you can talk directly to him on the phone. "If I only have one life to live let me give it to learning every aspect of repairing it never to live long enuff to enjoy driving the dang thing! Heehee! Sure wish there was a resource/data section with an easy search feature! Computor nerds/experts please step forward!

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)
  • Like 1