Jump to content

Anyone know anything about these Olds hubcaps?

Recommended Posts

The hole is where the bolt  goes that secured the heavy hubcap to the wheel. These wheel covers were used on several different Olds models and they would just use different inserts to match the car used on,


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldsmobile offered this style of accessory hubcap throughout the 1980's. The difference between model years was different center logo badges were used. 

I think your cap appears on picture page from a 1984 full size Olds brochure and also seen here on a 1984 Olds Delta 88 LS model.  

ref:  (old car manual project brochures)

1984 Oldsmobile Full Size-08.jpg

1984 Oldsmobile LS .jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

You folks are awesome!  My dad had a big Ol'Olds 98 back in the day.  Loved that car.  What a deluxe cruiser, it had all the bells and whistles taken for granted nowadays but a rare and plush luxury back then. As Sherlock would say ... well done Watson, and Fleek and 8E45E too.  Glad to know these most likely came from his ride and it was "Your Fathers Oldsmobile".   Thanks again everyone for all your help!!!   Nostalgia Bob

Edited by bobver (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, 1909schacht said:

you need these adapters that go on  the lug studs in order to mount the hub caps to your rim



Only if you want to have the anti theft part of the caps.  Otherwise the caps will work fine on a car without them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...