Mileage: 91000

Engine runs well, although the PCV is stuck, resulting in some engine smoke

Transmission shifts well – brakes work well
Car would be roadworthy to drive anywhere with good tires and PCV replaced

Rust through present at rockers – floors are good – light surface rust on top
Paint is original, thin in places
No broken glass – all windows work, rear passenger mechanism is stiff
Clear title

Car purchased new by an insurance salesman in Union, SC. He used the car until selling it to a lady in 1978. She used the car some until around 2015, the date of the last license registration. Shortly afterwards, another relative became the owner, and the car moved to Georgia, where it came up for sale in 2020. More photos are available. Car is located in Commerce, GA.

There are several more photos available, if necessary.  I have not seen this car in person - I'm posting this for a friend of a friend, and I'm doing all I can to present the car as honestly as possible.

Price $3300/negotiable
PH 706 - six five four - seven one zero eight
Text or call – text preferred

1.jpeg

2.JPEG

3.JPEG

4.JPEG

5.JPEG

11.jpeg

18.JPEG

23.JPEG

26.JPEG

27.jpeg

28.jpeg

21.JPEG

25.JPEG

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)

That is an interesting car because it was the last of the line for Studebaker cars, like a 1938 Pierce-Arrow, a 1958 Packard, or a 2010 Pontiac. I had a neighbor in Hutchinson, KS who had one of these Canadian-built '66 Studebakers in the early 70s. A distinctive thing about them was the louvers right above the taillights.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Extremely optimistically priced, there are far better examples available for this price and not much more. Good luck to him selling this '66 Studebaker, though a good clean-up first wouldn't go amiss.

I wouldn't disagree with anything you've said, particularly about a good clean-up.  Just trying to help a friend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dosmo said:

I wouldn't disagree with anything you've said, particularly about a good clean-up.  Just trying to help a friend.

Maybe encourage them to get the tires pumped up, wash it, clean out the interior, etc. Then list it on Studebaker sites as well as here. Ive owned a 66 Commander and they are not an easy car to sell as the market is very small. So everything you can do to improve the looks and condition will help with very little time and money involved.

My 2 cents worth

• Like 1