1955 Packard Patrician F/S...... SOLD!

That may be a good purchase. Druk has an account here.  They have some interesting cars.  You need to practice caution with them but you can't duplicate what you are seeing here for anything close to $60,000.  

Patricians are usually great values  You get a lot of nostalgia for not a lot of money. 

• Like 1

Seems to be very reasonably priced. Seller's ad states the car runs & drives but needs brake work. There are some minor blemishes in the paint & chrome but it has a nice overall appearance. According to the text, those are 1954-1955 Cadillac wire wheels and the engine CID should be 352, not 372. Seller even offers free delivery within 100 miles. This is the Deal Of the Day. 

• Like 1

I look at the photos and see a $6,000 car.  The paint has several respray areas failing and I'm betting those brows over the headlights are because they previously rusted through.  The seats look to be reupholstered and the seam on the drivers cushion is coming undone, also the headliner is spotted.  Neat car, I like them, probably fine to maintain as-is, but I see all those things letting go as getting worse over time and eventually needing attention. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, W_Higgins said:

I look at the photos and see a $6,000 car.  The paint has several respray areas failing and I'm betting those brows over the headlights are because they previously rusted through.  The seats look to be reupholstered and the seam on the drivers cushion is coming undone, also the headliner is spotted.  Neat car, I like them, probably fine to maintain as-is, but I see all those things letting go as getting worse over time and eventually needing attention. 

Yeah, probably not a car you're going to grow old (older) with, but something fun you could drive for a while and re-sell for similar money. Looks like a good deal to me.

7 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

The Senior cars (Patrician, 400, Caribbean) had the Torsion-Level standard.  Not just torsion bar suspension, but auto-leveling by twisting them.  And Ultramatic has a lock-up clutch.

I didn't realize that. I'll be curious to read more about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jeff Perkins / Mn changed the title to 1955 Packard Patrician F/S...... SOLD!