replacing rear spring parts

I just need help and/or confirmation on procedure for replacing rear spring components.  My understanding is that I need to put jack stands under the frame at the rear, and a jack under the differential.  Raise the jack to relieve pressure on the springs to remove and replace the shackles and bushings.  The components at the rear of the springs first, and then the front of the spring components last.  Any and all help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Bob

Here are my 2 cents, I marked the location of each u-bolt on the diff housing using white chalk...alignment will self center it self for the most part once you attach the drive shaft...but the chalk made it a bit easier. I also took the time to get the rubber stops re-vulcanized while I was at it. I found I had little to no tension on mine when I took the old springs out....GLWT

1 hour ago, ArticiferTom said:

You have it right . Jack stands , Diff floor jack , Loosen ALL  points ,  then remove rear shackles . Remove front bolt/rod ,then place jack under spring and loosen off .

I don't quite understand about jack under spring, but I am /was not planning on removing springs from the axle housing.  Is the process still the same in that case?  thanks.

Thank you all.  I just don't want to have things go SPROING.. and have it tip over or something.  I have 2 20 ton truck stands under the front axle, so i'm assuming that will keep it pretty stable on the front.  Thanks again..

On 9/2/2020 at 6:25 PM, ArticiferTom said:

My mistake . That was to total remove the springs . Just did my Dodge 31 last month . Check the front rod pin for correct tension . Found all my components over tightened .

Tom where did you get your spring bushings at?  Would like to replace the one on my rear leaf springs. Not much of the rubber left on one of them. 

There is no rubber in mine . but front attachment is brass bush . You may need one cut, mine was fine and got other good one from used spring assembly .  I bought for broken main, replacement . The shackles are harder to come by pic up some used to replace a bad housing . The wearable part the pins are sold on W>O>K> club site . Also Filling Station  sell some sizes  and springs . Bolts Are on ebay Thompson products . 

9 hours ago, Fossil said:

Tom where did you get your spring bushings at?  Would like to replace the one on my rear leaf springs. Not much of the rubber left on one of them. 

• Thanks 1