Balkamp dwell and tach meter

Vol

I am newbie and have enjoyed reading the post in all categories. I hope I am in the right spot for this question. I have a balkamp 700-1502 dwell tach volt ohmmeter with no instructions. There are three alligator clips red black and blue also has a clamp like a timing light. I have no idea where to start so I can use any bits of knowledge you can share. If someone has any paper work on this I would like a copy. Being new I will tell you I am from north alabama and have a 63 fairlane. I bought it in 1974 as just a work car and through the years it got pushed to the side. But I have retired and this is my new mission. I hope I can learn and contribute. 

I just googled the instruction manual and figures didn't find anything remotely close, so based on my Craftsman, here goes.

Clamp goes on #1 plug wire and is the RPM/tach trigger. Red and black are power, connect to + and - battery terminals. I'm going out on a limb that the blue connects to distributor - terminal for dwell reading. On most of mine the dwell wire is green.

Blue is probably used for other functions too. Rule of thumb: if you check resistance (ohms) make sure there's no voltage on what you're checking. I fried the ohmmeter on my first Dixco dwell tach when I checked a fuse with the battery connected.

Most of these require a battery for the ohmmeter. Probably a AA.

• Like 1

My NAPA here couldn't get something as simple as a 5gal bucket of carb cleaner ordered and delivered. I can only imagine the stupid looks I'd get asking for a manual for a 30+ year old engine analyzer.

If I need NAPA, I drive an extra 27 miles to deal with one that knows what's going on. These pinheads in the local store don't have sense enough to pour piss out of their boots.

• Like 1

Did anyone come up with the instructions? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hope it doesn't turn out like my search for a Kenwood receiver schematic. The thing was a one-year offering in late 1980s and KW apparently didn't support it for very long.

If you can find out who made the analyzer for Balkamp there's bound to be a manual out there somewhere.