Auto Transport

Chacheska

20 hours ago, Chacheska said:

Does anyone know of a hobbyist in the Minneapolis area that would transport a small car to western NY for me?

Many thanks.

Can you get it to Milwaukee?  My friend goes from Burlington WI to NY all the time with a trailer

• Thanks 1

My apologies for not checking back sooner.

Hola, Minnie Mouse. Didn't see you at Hershey last year.

I don't believe I can get it to Milwaukee. The owner isn't willing to do that for me, but thanks for the thoughtful reply and suggestion. If, by some flukey chance that could happen, how do I get a hold of your friend, John?

I was there, but we didn't vend......getting too old. I NEVER miss Hershey. Send me your number by personal message.....I lost it again. Hope all is well. Ed

18 hours ago, Chacheska said:

My apologies for not checking back sooner.

Hola, Minnie Mouse. Didn't see you at Hershey last year.

I don't believe I can get it to Milwaukee. The owner isn't willing to do that for me, but thanks for the thoughtful reply and suggestion. If, by some flukey chance that could happen, how do I get a hold of your friend, John?

Sure, Ed at 847-830-7193

On 9/1/2020 at 1:22 AM, Chacheska said:

Does anyone know of a hobbyist in the Minneapolis area that would transport a small car to western NY for me?

Many thanks.

Actually, I spoke with Ed tonight, and he might have to go to northern MN the first week in October and he is planning a trip to CT shortly thereafter.  Ed is a great guy and why not give him a call to discuss.  Ed McCord at  847-830-7193.

It’s tough, if not impossible to get these really good owner/operators to make a short haul. I don’t blame them, they have to make a living and that means long hauls arranged months in advance.

When my son purchased a small Italian car about 3 hours from home; we rented a car trailer from the local uhaul guy and I bribed a brother in law to get him to pull it with his Hemi- powered Ram. The  trailer turned out to be easy to use and has some nice features. It’s not suitable for a large car, but for our purposes the $50 was a bargain. I would suggest you look it over carefully, including the tires, before you depart. 

Edited by greenie (see edit history)