New category labels

Mark :

I understand your meaning. Most of the other make cars are just Identified as such on the forum. ie. Ford Chevrolet etc. When clicking on each one I see the Oldsmobile Club is Identified. Packard has sub categories for their clubs. I did not check all forums. On the AACA Buick forum many of the BCA divisions are noted as subdirectories.

11 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Since this forum is sponsored by the AACA, and the AACA forums are for all enthusiasts, weather they belong to the AACA, BCA, HCCA, etc.  So I believe labeling the former Buick categories as BCA categories is inappropriate.

I agree with Mark’s above comment, and believe the same should apply to other thread groups, such as the Oldsmobile group of threads not being necessarily specific to Oldsmobile club members, etc.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, Mark Shaw said:

Since this forum is sponsored by the AACA, and the AACA forums are for all enthusiasts, weather they belong to the AACA, BCA, HCCA, etc.  So I believe labeling the former Buick categories as BCA categories is inappropriate.

DONE... were applicable.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Come on, guys!  Can we just enjoy the Forums?  Makes NO difference in the final analysis,me thinks.

Ben

Ben,

Yes it does.  I was told at the last BOD meeting if my memory is correct that there are 14 or 15 prewar Buick groups alone, and that does not include all of the post war groups of which there are many.

Larry

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
37 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Ben,

Yes it does.  I was told at the last BOD meeting if my memory is correct that there are 14 or 15 prewar Buick groups alone, and that does not include all of the post war groups of which there are many.

Larry

I see what you mean. I think!   If it shows BCA, others might feel excluded?    Hadn't seen it that way. I tend to be all inclusive and assume others do.   

Thanks

Ben

• Thanks 1

I've been under the impression for many years that the AACA was, whether formally or informally, hosting the Buick Club of Americas forum and as such the BCA logo was "appropriate". In fact when I was submitting the monthly "What's Happening on the Forum" articles for the Bugle, I was always sure to express appreciation of that fact. So was I under the wrong impression all along and we're just another make of auto,  or was I correct and has something changed. I see that some BCA "business" is still discussed in the General forum so is that to go away?  If the BCA is no longer piggybacking on the AACA for a forum, are there possible plans for the BCA to start a forum of their own maybe? Just asking questions for clarification and NOT meaning to sound argumentative here for sure.

CC  @Peter Gariepy  @Steve Moskowitz

• Thanks 1