Ceramic coating - pros and cons?

kreed

Any one have experience with ceramic coating? Obviously very expensive but just wondering what folks thought . Never used it personally . Always been satisfied with  a good compound and wax/polish with my buffer but saw a friends C8 Vette yesterday And it was pretty amazing but of course  on  new paint . $600 😣😬

KReed

ROA 14549

Had plastic wrap installed on my new ( 2019) Mustang, only on the front clip/ every thing else got ceramic coating. Have the car 18 months ( garage kept) and have washed it maybe 12 times. The coatings are the best investment I ever made. But the older cars had a much different paint job. You can bring an old finish back to life, in many cases, with some good compounding, waxing, buffing etvc. The paint on newer cars is way different, thinner, with a lot of clear coats. If I had an older car, like my 67 Riv, I don't think I'd use a wrap or ceramic, because I don't think you'd need it. 

Color sanding for older cars with older paint is an option. $$$ Yet another way to bring out AND maintain a shine is use Mothers Metal Billet wax. Follow up with a ( I can’t remember the name ) of the wax, but I’ll report back. Not my find. Seafoam put me on to the secret combo. Seafoam gave me on tip on never w ash your car. Keep the surface dust off and use Griots dry wash. Reason is we don’t want water puddling where we cannot see. Rust.
I have had my exhaust manifold ceramic coated. Can’t remember the cost.

• 3 months later...