Is this a 1926 Star or a 24?

3macboys

Andy's Auto Detailing - Sandblasting services | Classic Cars | London |  Kijiji

At least one of you on here will recognize this car and a little back story - This car and a 31 Pontiac were posted on here about a year ago by a member trying to help out a friend sell them as he was ill.  Fast forward to this summer and my father happened to have a connection to the seller and we ended up with both cars which should hopefully both be back on the road shortly.  Sadly the previous caretaker passed away about a week after the sale.  

Now here's my question - the car is registered as a 1926 but I can not find any reference to that body style for that model year and from what I can find appears to have been a one year only body from 24.  My speculation is that the car may have been a late 24 build that didn't sell until 1926 and thus registered by the year of first sale and not build.  Though not an original colour the car is a good driver as it is and that's exactly what we intend to do with both of them.  

Any information that can be offered is greatly appreciated.

Don  

Hi Don

Nice to see that Ken's cars went to a good home. I looked on Google and found a chart with Star serial numbers under "dmacweb.com" . Is that you ? What is the serial number ? 

You seem to be right about the one year only body style.

Jim

22 hours ago, J.H.Boland said:

Hi Don

Nice to see that Ken's cars went to a good home. I looked on Google and found a chart with Star serial numbers under "dmacweb.com" . Is that you ? What is the serial number ? 

You seem to be right about the one year only body style.

Jim

I thought that you would quickly recognize the car - that web site isn't mine but I will have to check it out. I keep meaning to get the numbers off of the car but keep forgetting to.  As I say our plan is to drive them and maintain them as they are.  

If you are looking for an outing there is a driving cruise of Innerkip on the 9th - I can you PM you the details if you are interested

Don  

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

After checking the serial number I'm even more confused.  The number is 109 XXX which from the information I have puts it in the range of a late built 1923 C model, however, the hood sides are certainly a F model.  I'm hoping that there is a Star or Durant person here that can possibly help out.  I've attached a couple more pictures that may be of some help.  

26 Star 2.jpg

Star 3.jpg