MDoyne1: he's back.........

JJ says to tell all you good folks that mdoyne1's back on eBay. This "retired" auto dealer, whose quest is <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Perfection in Reattas</span></span>, has found a couple more. Check 'em out and find what's wrong in the photos. Six-pack for the most things found. (The Allante people might offer two six-packs for his address!)

<span style="font-weight: bold">[color:\\"red\\"]ALF1</span> <span style="font-style: italic">(Still alive; still around)</span>

(Owner of every color Reatta convertible except burgundy)

Red one: Same one he had listed before, # of convertibles built in '91 wrong, appears to have discoloration on seats, 16 way seat backpanel flawed, side window defroster tubing at door bent, flaw on decklid,

White one: Speedometer numbers should be lit?, tan mat in trunk, no cat stuffed in the rear compartment for a snack. grin.gif

Hey, Anonymous:

I don't hate cats; I LOVE THEM![color:\\"blue\\"]<span style="font-weight: bold">*</span>

[color:\\"red\\"]<span style="font-weight: bold">ALF1</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">[color:\\"blue\\"]*</span> What goes better with feral fondue: a nice chianti, or a Napa Valley merlot?

The following is just my opinion, please do not boo me.

The red car isn't perfect but an afternoon's detailing would make you glad to own it. It is the coveted 1991 and is a desireable color. The price is high, but if you find one nicer you'll probably pay more.

The white one isn't for the collector. The radio is aftermarket, the antenna is not functioning or has been replaced with a fixed mast, the hubcaps have been cleaned with something caustic. The mileage isn't all that bad. The speedometer probably functional, just push the display button. Again, the car isn't all that bad for the miles and price.

That said, I would not bid unless I personally inspected either one.

K-fan: Good eyes! You win the six-pack; feel free to get out of that cauldron and come to Southern California to collect.

P.S. Does USMC still run aircraft carrier landing/take-off training at CC? JJ didn't know humidity could hit 200 percent until they strapped him into an F-4 down there. Couldn't have gotten any wetter by driving the Phantom off the end of the carrier. Worse than Pensacola!

ooo.gif

Actually, I'll be out there in a couple weeks, LAX, up the 91 fwy. past Riverside. Family lives there, why I live here? still haven't figured that out. Yes, humidity is still 200% Winds around 25 Knots. Don't think they're doing carrier practise any more. That was Becks or Heineken right? wink.gif

Lots of stay cats here, I can bring a few if you want. Also ask JJ if I can get a ride in the conv.

JJ and his flock of Reattas are just a couple minutes north of the 91, via Harbor Boulevard in Fullerton. He'll be happy to meet with you when you're in the area. Catburgers, fries and beer are on him. (714) 342-5288.

laugh.gif <span style="font-style: italic">(Sold the red Rat; only have blue, Driftwood and black left)</span>

THANKS a big THANKS to <span style="font-weight: bold">[color:\\"red\\"]ALF1</span> for your continued support of the BCA - Reatta Division Forum.

Your automotive acumen is widely recognized <span style="font-style: italic">and appreciated</span>.

[color:\\"red\\"]<span style="font-weight: bold">NO MEMBERS HERE WOULD EVER BE INTERESTED IN A REATTA CONVERTIBLE</span> would they??? Could be wrong confused.gifconfused.gif

Thank you for offering your Reatta here first; keep up the good contributions brother frown.gif Really makes me want to register and be a contributing member like you

Guest imported_greggagnon

Hi Guys,

I actually flew down to Florida and was going to buy this car. The guy runs a car operation out of a building north of Tampa. He has a lot of cars, but nothing is that great. This reatta he claims has 21k on it, although it drives like it has 121k. The seats are too worn to be that low on miles. The car shakes real bad when you drive it over 45 (not cowl shake), he told me that it need to be aligned. Strange how the shake was coming from the driveline. I still believe that this car was wrecked at sometime and just did not get reported or did not make it's way to CarFax. At that time (he may of had fixed), the air was not cold, cruise did not work and the car had some mysterious LARGE scratches in the passanger door that is not in the pictures. Blamed it on his lot boys. This car is worth maybe 15k if you can document the miles. The was some funny stuff about the carfax that I vaguly remember. Something that lead me to believe that the miles did not seem right.

Mark Doyne told me that he does not own the car, but it belongs to a guy that he sold it to oversees. And now that guy can import it to Europe (or somewhere like that) becuase the tariffs or something was to high. So Mark is selling for him.

In my opinion, if anyone is serious at purchasing this car, check it over very good, and get a great price.

Greg

Here kitty, kitty, kitty, need more milk..sounds like the old girls sunday afternoon society, must be great to have nothing to do but pan some one, have fun ladies..