Another article about the TC

It would take someone like you to put this sort of propaganda up for our TC owners to read.

Are you trying to get people to sell their cars cheap to your 'FRIEND'?

Whatever the Liberals may write, these cars are as good as any others on the road. 

So, Chrysler took a bath with these cars, but those of us who happen to like them are lucky that we found ours and the supportive TC America Club.

• Like 3

I saw this write-up the other day on Facebook. I actually took the time to find the true contact information for the author of the article (Mack Hogan) mack.hogan@hearst.com and I sent him a scathing message about how his inept application of journalism can have a negative affect on a collectible vehicle's value and image. Not sure it will do any good, but I am tired of these lazy morons repeating garbage that they either overheard some salty sod spewing, or saw on some other crap car review thread full of morons that have only ever driven rusted out Camry's and F150's. A person should not be allowed to work for a major car magazine who cannot be bothered to do even the smallest amount of research before spewing an obviously uneducated and biased opinion on a car they have NO experience with.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, marty mopar said:

I see lots of auto related articles on the web that have at best so-so accuracy. Not much you can do about it.

Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one

And apparently we just read the opinion of one. 

• 1 month later...

I saw this article and this was my reply that I posted it in the comments section:

I think this is an unfortunate and unnecessary hit piece on what I know to be a decent car. I bought one of these cars "by accident". I got it in trade with a larger deal. So I thought why not drive it. Frankly it drives very well. It's a very comfortable highway car, with the plush European leather interior. While it also gets great fuel mileage. And because it uses many domestic Chrysler parts and the drivetrain it's ridiculously inexpensive to repair. I would bet dollars to donuts this author has never driven one. Likely never sat in one. I'm a car snob too so unless I had become the "accidental owner" I am I never would have considered this car. But this time of year nothing beats a ragtop and this thing even has a great sounding stereo. So while it may have been overpriced and its day, I get great personal enjoyment driving it. Of course I also like my Cadillac allante and all four generations of Toyota Land cruisers in the garage. Bottom line, I bet if you drove it you would like it. Unless your snobbery overrides your senses. Sheesh!

Edited by Kevinflys
Typos (see edit history)
  • Like 2

That was nice to read Kevin. It would be interesting if a bunch of TC owners got hold of this, the contact information to that writer or the rag he writes for, and we all sent in our personal history with our individual TCs. I wonder if they would alter their slanderous comments or just call us "Fake News"?

• Like 1

Been thinking about this article for a while.  A straightforward, upbeat article would not generate as much interest or readers so less ad revenue.  I guess he thinks snarkiness sells.  But, look at it this way - the title of the column is " You Must Buy, our daily look at the cars you really should be buying instead of that boring commuter sedan."    It features a very nice photo of a TC, highlights it selling for a very strong price and mentions that the Chrysler TC by Maserati has a lot of loyal, loving owners. "    These  points may well be what most people learn from the article.  What was that old cliche about there not being such a thing as bad publicity?

Thanks Hemi,

Sorry for all the typos in that. I dictated it while I was driving and voice recognition doesn't speak southern so well. I think unusual cars are wonderful. I've owned my share of painful British knuckle busting cars, Italian maintenance hogs, German cars where even the cheapest part is $1,200 and even one from Poland.  The TC gives us all a chance to stand out from the crowd and it really is a great driving car.  I'm glad I discovered it for myself. Not fair for you guys to have all the fun.  Oh, and my daughter has it at college with her right now while her Lexus RX crossover is being repaired.... and she doesn't want to give it back.

Edited by Kevinflys
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kevinflys said:

I've owned my share of painful British knuckle busting cars, Italian maintenance hogs, German cars where even the cheapest part is $1,200 and even one from Poland.  The TC gives us all a chance to stand out from the crowd and it really is a great driving car.

This read like you were writing my history of car ownership.  Like your TC, my Buick Reatta gives me the satisfaction of standing out from the crowd while feeling like I'm driving a great road car.  The TCs and Reattas are like brothers with different mothers. They are both great cars that were built for the same market and they both routinely get bad reviews. 

• Like 3