Driving J446

Guest J446

I took J446 out for a drive today. I passed a Police Car shooting radar. I don't think I was speeding but he pulled out anyway. He followed me for a while and I suspect he ran my YOM Plates. I got off parkway making approiate arm signals he followed. After a while he hung a U turn. I bet its been a while since a Duesenberg was cited for speeding. Hope it stays that way.

<span style="font-style: italic">My Classic Car</span> TV Magazine in one of their first seasons profiled Jay Leno's car collection. They were out driving with Jay at one point in one of his Duesenbergs when he said that he'd always wondered why Duesenbergs never seemed to have any windshield wipers. He then bought one at one time that <span style="font-style: italic">did</span> have wipers,..... until he took it out on the interstate to "see what it would do". Apparently at some point over 100 mph they rather dramatically were blown off the car!

He said "Oh." biglaugh.gif

Just goes to show that a cop can't stand anything "different". And I say Duesenberg with YOM plates definitely qualifies as different grin.gifcool.gif .

Reminds me of the time one pulled out in front of my Toronado, causing me to skid tires and make a quick lane change to keep from hitting the stupid SOB, and then <span style="font-weight: bold">I</span> got pulled for making an unsafe movement.

RR at work, in the land of moving electrons

I was tearing down the wrong way of a one-way street, a bit over the speed limit.... in my Packard Twelve, when an irate cop pulled me over. " What in hell do you think you are doing"...the cop said "this is a ONE WAY STREET...you idiot".

I assured the cop that he was right about me being an idiot....but "what in hell is wrong with YOU..." I yelled at the cop..."I am only going ONE WAY.

He laughed so hard he didnt give me a ticket !

Pete Hartmann