Bought a 1915 Monroe running gear. Looking for parts,other owners,Sterling and Mason 4 cylinder engine,etc

George Albright

Dear Friends. I just bought the running gear and radiator minus engine and trans for a 1915-1917 Monroe,made by General Motors/Durant in their factories and sold by Chevrolet dealers. Complicated history. Chevy,Little,Monroe and Scripps Booth were made by the GM/Durant empire. 1915-17 Monroe was 96 inch wheelbase roadster and used a 91 CI Mason 4 cylinder engine in 1915,and a 4 cylinder Sterling engine identical to the one used in Scripps Booth in 1916 and 1917.These parts were from the large collection of cars and parts sold in Spearfish South Dakota in May 2020. If you happen to have purchased some of my missing Monroe parts please contact me. Things got split up by the seller.  I'm going to build a speedster /race car /racer with it. Could use a pair of cool period buckets,round or over smaller gas tank etc etc. Any leads on Monroe or Scripps booth parts and owners appreciated. I may use a 1916-28 Chevy 171 CI OHV engine since they are plentiful and more powerful than the original Mason or Sterling motors. My photos of my chassis are too big size wise to post here. Email me and I can email you the photos of what I have. Thanks,George Albright,Ocala,Fla.  email  gnalbright@gmail.com  cell 352 843 1624  weekdays 10-4 est best

• 1 year later...

Hi George , I have two four cylinder scripps Booth engines , but no gearboxes here in New Zealand . For sale if anyone wants them . I think your are best to go with the Cheve 490 motor for better performance and parts . 

Regards Brendon Fox

• 4 weeks later...

Hi George

Did you sell the Munroe parts, if not I may be interested in them as we have a original unrestored roadster here that we tour and spares would be good.

If so please send me an email with photos etc.

Thanks Russell.