Hupmobile Model 20 on BaT

MochetVelo

I bought a car on BaT and could not be more pleased.  Like any auction, you may not know when the reserve is met.  However, as in some auctions the auctioneer or in this case the seller can post that "The car will sell." when the reserve has been met.  BaT also lists comments from auction viewers and sellers alike and you can also go back and see what they have said about other cars being sold, bids made, and in the case of sellers, cars auctioned and sold.  It is also a good place to sometimes learn more about the seller.  It is much more pleasant as a buyer and less pressure than a traditional auction where I have also bought.

• Like 1

My Hupp sold (21k) and I was pleased with the auction. You can go to the site and see the (mostly thoughtful) comments and questions posted. My "Starting a 1911 Hupmobile" video was a hit. I was unable watch as the auction ended, since I had to be at work, but my wife said it was exciting to see two bidders contesting at the end. It's more like a live auction, as the deadline is extended 2 minutes after each bid is placed. BaT never announces when the reserve is met, but they try to accept only reasonable reserves. The winning bidder, an AACA member, also has a 1905 REO.

Phil

• 2 months later...

Phil -What did you do with  the patterns  for casting  the inlet manifold ? Now that you have sold your  car I would be really  keen to make sure  that we retain/purchase  the patterns for  others  (who like you and I are mad enough to use the original set up)  to use if required . As mentioned previously I have  patterns for the exhaust manifold   and get get casting done  relatively cheaply  here in New Zealand  (the  foundry I use  casts parts for Peter Jacksons  World War One replica fighter planes ) -Karl 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I didn't see your post, Karl. I still have the patterns for the Hupmobile 20 intake manifold along with one or two actual castings. I'd donate the patterns to someplace where they could be accessible. I'm not sure if the Hupmobile Club would have a place for them.

Phil