Fitting new brake lines to 56 Buick Cent

56 Buick

Hi all, does anyone know the trick to getting the replacement brake line in that runs along the front crossmember? It runs from a junction block on drivers side across to the front passenger side wheel cylinder flexible hose. It looks as though I need to remove the radiator to even have a chance of feeding the new line into position... help please.

Okay, I think I have solved the issue with this particular line. You have to come from under the engine and rear of the crossmember. Then do a bit of bending to make it fit. BUT STANDBY as I am sure I may reqiuire some help with another line.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the steel brake lines on my '56 Century several years ago. I had the line that runs along the X part of the frame made in TWO pieces, had the fitting to join them together placed in an open area for ease of connection. Fishing a one piece brake line that's approx. 3 feet long thru the frame was next to impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Went with InlineTube preformed set. All lines now in. Most difficult part was really just working under the car when it is on jack stands. You do need to think about the best way to get some of the lines in but I would say it is certainly worth the extra money for the preformed lines.

• Like 2