1949 Hudson Commodore 6 - $8,000 - Rossville, KS - Not Mine

1949 Hudson Commodore 6 - $8,000 - Rossville, KS 

https://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/d/rossville-hudson-commodore-6/7178642533.html

Ready to restore. Serious buyers only

Copy and paste in your email:  2dc9cee6b8283abba0ffeddec0df1ac3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1949 Hudson Commodore 6 sedan.

'49 Hudson Commodore 6 KS a.jpg

'49 Hudson Commodore 6 KS b.jpg

'49 Hudson Commodore 6 KS c.jpg

'49 Hudson Commodore 6 KS d.jpg

'49 Hudson Commodore 6 KS e.jpg

'49 Hudson Commodore 6 KS f.jpg

25 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

That interior is all original. That could be a nice driver with some scrubbing and cleaning. Spending some time on that car before listing it would make a big difference. 

What do you mean,  like atleast unloading it from the trailer before taking the photos. ;) 

Just now, auburnseeker said:

What do you mean,  like atleast unloading it from the trailer before taking the photos. ;) 

That car is nicer than the coupe I bought. And the coupe really cleaned up nice. If you can do the work, it is worth it.

49 hudson 114.JPG

• Like 2
20 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Some common ad lines don't make a lot of sense.

"Ready to restore."  What did he do to get it ready?

I like that his line "Ready to restore" was followed by the words "SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY."

That's it. That's the entire ad.

-We don't know if the car runs.

-We don't know if the missing title can be easily replaced or not. 

-We don't know if it has extra parts.

It seems that if you want SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY you should make some effort to be a SERIOUS SELLER.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Ready to restore."

I've always interpreted that expression to mean "we've seriously neglected this vehicle long enough, allowed the weather to ruin the body and trim, while mechanical systems atrophied and set-up from rust and corrosion.  Now, we magnanimously offer to sell it to you to spend considerable time and financial resources reversing the damage."  

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My interior was nasty. Smelled like death and mold had a party in there. Carpet was shot, had stuff growing on it. Was able to pull all interior out. POR paint the floors, install sound mat on floors and inside doors and shampoo all door panels and seats. Now it smells like your safe to sit in there. You can really detail these old cars for very little money. I could make that Hudson sedan look like a different car in one week. See the difference in color on the seats. Cleaning them pulled up a lot of the original blue/grey tone they had. And removed the Pacific Northwest fungus/grey tone it had.

49 hudson 014.JPG

Carpet 058.jpg

• Like 4
On 8/22/2020 at 9:38 PM, auburnseeker said:

What do you mean,  like atleast unloading it from the trailer before taking the photos.

It would have taken two hands to unload it. He was busy with his..... camera when he got the big score home.

• Thanks 1