Several Truly Nolen antique cars for sale in Tucson

I just saw this tonight but the ad has been running for 3 weeks so who knows how many are left. Truly Nolen is a pest control company who paints their name on old cars and leaves them sitting around town to advertise their business....

Truly nolen antique cars we have for sale please email 
or stop by @ 3509 e. kleindale rd 
(All vehicles are sold as is please feel free to inspect the vehicle to your satisfaction) 

#1608 1951 DODGE 4DSD LT GREEN -- asking $4500.00
#1630 1957 Metropolitan -- asking $5000.00  
#1650 1957 Ford Fairlane -- asking $5500.00
#1703 1952 Ford Custom liner -- asking $4000.00
#1710 1940 Oldsmobile -- asking $6000.00
#1718 1960 Rambler -- asking $4000.00
#1802 1959 Rambler -- asking $4500.00
#1825 1950 Studebaker -- asking $5000.00
#1851 1950 Desoto -- asking $5800.00
#1864 1956 Nash Metropolitan -- asking $6000.00
#1887 1956 BRISTOL DBL DECKER BUS – asking $ 25000.00
new tires, good mechanical , top redone

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/tucson-truly-nolen-antique-cars/7168739715.html 

C5628A59-3A23-4443-AE24-FBD722C5952C.jpeg

I would spend time at my grandparents house in S Fla when I was a kid. Seemed to be a Truly Nolan car at every corner gas station. At that time (late 60's early 70's) I remember them being late 20's early 30's cars, I would have called them all Model A's. One of the things that made an antique car impression on my youth.

49 minutes ago, JamesR said:

What is a Truly Nolen car? A company of some sort, obviously, but I'd never heard of it before.

I guess you didn't read the two sentences at the beginning of my first post. Here's the second sentence....

"Truly Nolen is a pest control company who paints their name on old cars and leaves them sitting around town to advertise their business."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Lebowski stated earlier, Truly Nolan was a pest control company. They started in the Phoenix area and then branched out to Southern California. Truly bought old cars from 20's, painted them in bright (non-factory) colors with  "Truly Nolan" boldly on each side. The cars were placed in prominent locations, such as gas station street corners. 

The cars were never meant to be driven, just stationary advertising objects.  Truly Nolan would rotate the cars, so you might see 1-3 different makes of car at one gas station in a year.

Almost all sedans - coupes and touring cars were very rare. Never really heard of any Truly Nolan cars being stolen in the middle of the  night. 

Truly Nolan cars are part of Lost America, just like drive-in movies, car hops and 25-cent hamburgers. Just pleasant memories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2020 at 2:44 PM, TAKerry said:

I would spend time at my grandparents house in S Fla when I was a kid. Seemed to be a Truly Nolan car at every corner gas station. At that time (late 60's early 70's) I remember them being late 20's early 30's cars, I would have called them all Model A's. One of the things that made an antique car impression on my youth.

I lived in South Fla. in the early Seventies,  I  also remember Truly Nolan cars parked in gas stations all over South Florida. I am surprised they are still in business.

My work uses Truly Nolen pest control.  I had no idea they had a history in our world of old cars.  They advertise on the radio here constantly. They have a “custom” beetle here as their “mascot” car.

https://www.trulynolen.com/franchise/location/kentucky/lexington-pest-control

Here is their “about us”

Yes, there really was a man named Truly!  Truly Nolen was founded by Truly Wheatfield Nolen in Miami, Florida in 1938.  His son, Truly David Nolen, joined forces with him after graduating from the University of Florida with a degree in Entomology.  Together, they expanded and improved the pest control business. 

Truly David saw his customers as family.  In doing so, he got pest control right.  It was his vision for you to be protected by proactive pest control that you’re proud of and see it as a sign of good housekeeping, done in an environmentally responsible way, and made affordable by serving you and your neighbors.  It’s a philosophy and passion that continues to drive President Scarlett Nolen today. 

We proudly offer services for a wide variety of pests ranging from ants and roaches to termites and rodents.  Check out our pest, termite, rodent, and commercial services!

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 39BuickEight said:

My work uses Truly Nolen pest control.  I had no idea they had a history in our world of old cars.  They advertise on the radio here constantly. They have a “custom” beetle here as their “mascot” car.

https://www.trulynolen.com/franchise/location/kentucky/lexington-pest-control

Her is their “about us”

Yes, there really was a man named Truly!  Truly Nolen was founded by Truly Wheatfield Nolen in Miami, Florida in 1938.  His son, Truly David Nolen, joined forces with him after graduating from the University of Florida with a degree in Entomology.  Together, they expanded and improved the pest control business. 

Truly David saw his customers as family.  In doing so, he got pest control right.  It was his vision for you to be protected by proactive pest control that you’re proud of and see it as a sign of good housekeeping, done in an environmentally responsible way, and made affordable by serving you and your neighbors.  It’s a philosophy and passion that continues to drive President Scarlett Nolen today. 

We proudly offer services for a wide variety of pests ranging from ants and roaches to termites and rodents.  Check out our pest, termite, rodent, and commercial services!

That's weird that they're in Lexington but not Louisville.... :huh:

• Like 1