Tiller steer

nzcarnerd

Many electric cars hardly changed shape during almost a decade, so that makes a search difficult. However I'm now pretty sure now that we see a 1909 or 1910 Woods Queen Victoria roadster, based on several details like side steering lever, high front trunk, spring shape, side lamp shape and some more. So not as old as you would expect, but still at least 4 years old when this photo was taken!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ariejan NL said:

Many electric cars hardly changed shape during almost a decade, so that makes a search difficult. However I'm now pretty sure now that we see a 1909 or 1910 Woods Queen Victoria roadster, based on several details like side steering lever, high front trunk, spring shape, side lamp shape and some more. So not as old as you would expect, but still at least 4 years old when this photo was taken!

I guess that prompts a question - what was the last tiller steer car to be sold in the US? Or anywhere for that matter.  Maybe one of the electrics?  I recall seeing - was it at Harrah's when I was there in 1978 - a 1930ish Detroit electric with a contemporary body but still essentially a 1910ish car but I don't recall how it was steered.