Jump to content

1961 Studebaker Lark hardtop - $5,000 - Lincoln, NE - Not Mine


Recommended Posts

1961 Studebaker Lark, 2 door hardtop. - $5000 - Lincoln, NE

https://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/d/lincoln-1961-studebaker-lark/7176998626.html

Been in storage. 3 speed on the collar. V8. Runs and drives, paint is good, interior is fair.   Asking $5000 obo.

Contact: Dave  Call or text (402) 7-six-8-four-0-0-0.

Copy and paste in your email:  eefa3ac2adb6377b86d8cc26bb4d18b6@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1961 Studebaker Lark, 2 door hard top.

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE a.jpg

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE b.jpg

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE c.jpg

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE d.jpg

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE e.jpg

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE f.jpg

'61 Studebaker Lark hardtop NE g.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SMB said:

those filters allow the oil to flow out when the engine is shut down.   Very little if any oil is spilled.

 

Unless you remove it immediately after shutting off the engine so DON'T DO THAT! :D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with the owner today. His father died in 1995 and it has been sitting indoors and it was untouched until 5 years ago. He said his father rebuilt the engine (no, I didn't ask for a receipt. LOL) and it has less than 500 miles on it. He removed and resealed the gas tank and ran new gas lines and said the gas gauge works. He's going to check on a few things like the heater, wipers, horn, lights, etc. and get back to me. He said it has no rust and it's a good 20 footer. He replaced the master cylinder but said the brakes need to be adjusted. The dash is cracked and the driver's side of the front seat is torn. Overall it seems like a decent car for the price since it's a red 2 door hardtop with the V8....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I spoke with the owner today. His father died in 1995 and it has been sitting indoors and it was untouched until 5 years ago. He said his father rebuilt the engine (no, I didn't ask for a receipt. LOL) and it has less than 500 miles on it. He removed and resealed the gas tank and ran new gas lines and said the gas gauge works. He's going to check on a few things like the heater, wipers, horn, lights, etc. and get back to me. He said it has no rust and it's a good 20 footer. He replaced the master cylinder but said the brakes need to be adjusted. The dash is cracked and the driver's side of the front seat is torn. Overall it seems like a decent car for the price since it's a red 2 door hardtop with the V8....

 

I live in Lincoln, Lebowski. If you'd like me to look at it or get a phone video of it for you, let me know.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Did the seller happen to mention if it has overdrive and whether its functional?  The ideal combination for distance driving or even local touring would be the V8 stick with overdrive.

 

He said it did have OD and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. How hard would that be to fix?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamesR said:

 

I live in Lincoln, Lebowski. If you'd like me to look at it or get a phone video of it for you, let me know.

 

That would be cool. The seller's name is Dave and his number is 402-768-4000. My phone says that's in Hebron so is that closer or farther away from you? I spoke with him yesterday and he said he would get back to me after he checked out a few things to see if everything on the car works and if not what doesn't. I'm not much of a mechanic so if it needs a lot of work I'll pass on it. If you wanted to buy it I wouldn't have a problem with that. He's asking $5k OBO so he may take $4k for it. How far are you from Hebron?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

 

That would be cool. The seller's name is Dave and his number is 402-768-4000. My phone says that's in Hebron so is that closer or farther away from you? I spoke with him yesterday and he said he would get back to me after he checked out a few things to see if everything on the car works and if not what doesn't. I'm not much of a mechanic so if it needs a lot of work I'll pass on it. If you wanted to buy it I wouldn't have a problem with that. He's asking $5k OBO so he may take $4k for it. How far are you from Hebron?

 

Sent you a PM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JamesR said:

 

Sent you a PM.

 

Jim very generously offered to make the 90 minute drive to where the car actually is in rural Nebraska but I decided to pass on it because it's more of a project than I'm looking for. The seller said the lights work as do the wipers and fan for the heater. The horn and turn signals don't work and there are several wiper marks on the driver's side of the windshield too....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...