1965 Riviera for sale SOLD

vektro

65 Riviera with deluxe interior, mostly original except exhaust( magma flow). Car has GS springs, and Bilstein shocks. Upgraded 1 1/4 in sway bar, and poly bushings. Lights work fine, all interior lights work. A/C works. Has a scrape on passenger door and a few nicks. No real dents. 77,500 original miles. Car comes with set of 4 other tires with wider whitewalls, car cover, some Riviera emblems, and three oem fan belts. Located just outside of St. Louis. Asking $23,500 obo

Steve  Pm me for more details 

0B3A7240-CEC2-4767-BF58-17F1C165F0E5.jpeg

A1EB1310-51F0-4C7F-BDA4-BC73178E8A6C.jpeg

691027AE-EF34-4A68-A96D-004DF1037DB4.jpeg

Edited Tuesday at 10:50 AM by vektro
Changed contact (see edit history)

1472574898_aacadonatebutton.png.324b2885e484b74a73409bb07fd12dd1.png
Benefits of AACA Membership.

rgs455     11

rgs455

Very nice car!  As a suggestion, you may want to consider posting your ad on v8buuck.com as well.  There are a number Riviera guys who frequent the site. 

Edited by vektro (see edit history)

Nice looking car. Wondering how well your car handles with the modifications you made. I just bought a '65 with new standard shocks and it just wallows around. I didn't know that the GS springs were different. Wondering if new springs would help. What are the most important changes you made to help the handling?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Jim,

I did everything all at once, so not sure what makes the biggest impact. Most of my info came from being a ROA member. I found that a lot had used the Bilstein shocks and seemed a great improvement. Stock Monroe’s or something like that can’t compare. Found the springs from an ad in the Riview magazine from a guy in Georgia. Bit lower, but firmer. ROA membership is well, well worth it!! All the info you need 

• Like 1

X2 on the Bilstein shocks.  I have a '65 and like Vektro, I've installed the same GS springs, the Bilstein shocks, larger front sway bar, and Lares (sp?) steering box.  Just received Tom Telesco's rear sway bar today but have yet to install it.  Anyway, my Riv drives, rides, and handles so much better with the upgrades.  Thinking back, I'd say the Bilsteins made the biggest improvement.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vektro said:

Jim,

I did everything all at once, so not sure what makes the biggest impact. Most of my info came from being a ROA member. I found that a lot had used the Bilstein shocks and seemed a great improvement. Stock Monroe’s or something like that can’t compare. Found the springs from an ad in the Riview magazine from a guy in Georgia. Bit lower, but firmer. ROA membership is well, well worth it!! All the info you need 

I didn't mean to hijack your post. I am a member of the ROA and been on this forum for a couple of years now. Great bunch of helpful people on here with a whole lot of knowledge!

9 hours ago, JJ62 said:

Nice looking car. Wondering how well your car handles with the modifications you made. I just bought a '65 with new standard shocks and it just wallows around. I didn't know that the GS springs were different. Wondering if new springs would help. What are the most important changes you made to help the handling?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

No such thing as "GS springs"  Gran Sports came with the same suspension as other Rivieras UNLESS the car was ordered with option code H2 "Handling package," which was the code for different rate springs AND the quick ratio steering box.  The H2 was an option just like power seats and air conditioning. It did not come as standard equipment on any model.  That code does not appear on the data plate.  Count the turns lock to lock on your steering wheel to see if your car is so equipped.

We had been installing Bilstein shocks on our Porsches for years and I finally got bilstein to make them for the riviera, and was so thankful that I could finally get the wallowing out of the car (yet years ago we thought that the car handled great!!!  the so called GS springs from the handling package actually lower the car a bit to give it a great stance, and further help the handling.  Then add quick ratio steering and disc brakes and you are all set!   I like the 65 best, great looking car 

IMG_0185.jpg

17 hours ago, RivNut said:

No such thing as "GS springs"  Gran Sports came with the same suspension as other Rivieras UNLESS the car was ordered with option code H2 "Handling package," which was the code for different rate springs AND the quick ratio steering box.  The H2 was an option just like power seats and air conditioning. It did not come as standard equipment on any model.  That code does not appear on the data plate.  Count the turns lock to lock on your steering wheel to see if your car is so equipped.

So if you got the quick ratio steering you can assume you have the H2 springs?

I think that would be a valid assumption.  There have been previous posts where Riviera owners have found the paper tags still on the springs, and they could identify the springs my the color of the paper tag.  I don't know what the colors are or which colors go with which springs.  You might be able to search the archives and find that out IF you can find the paper tags on the springs.