1959 Edsel - Former Museum Car - PINK! - Minneapolis, MN - Not Mine - 4/2 & 9/15 Price Reduced

For Sale on Facebook:  1959 Edsel 4-door in Minneapolis, MN  -  $12,900 OBO  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access the Seller's contact information

On 9/15, Seller reduced the price to $11,500 OBO

On 4/2, Seller reduced the price on the Facebook ad to $9,315 OBO

Link:  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/806137223257091/

Also listed in Hemmings Motor News for $10,900 OBO  https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/unspecified/2419933.html

Seller's Description:

1959 Ford Edsel 4-door

• Driven 68,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink · Interior color: Black

Wonderful classic car. So fun to drive and the honks I get. Bought five years ago from Branson Missouri car museum as they needed more space. Since then i have rebuilt transmission new radiator and valve job. It does not have Power Steering. I am selling it because I bought a 66 Volvo and I cant keep two collector cars. Price is 12,900. OBO

image.png.80c2991000c12468f97148317829f773.png

image.png.d5035f4027a7d2a21fa54106b90ce2d1.png

image.png.2347eb6d3b84830f43a8f504e1c7d375.png

image.png.a24dbdcbe620fab72dc7b0a123f4f72a.png

image.png.4e3269fc33e7dbecad28307b595c7cce.png

image.png.c95bc4ee55ca41faac02f4bf01febd4c.png

image.png.3feb5890ff529f11f7922268c539f8f0.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to 1959 Ford Edsel - Former Museum Car - PINK! - Minneapolis, MN - Not Mine - 9/15 Price Reduced
1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

Oooh, the rare double-whammy of an unsellable color on an unsellable car.

Degree of difficulty: I own a pink car.

That thing has Melanie's name ALL OVER IT!

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to 1959 Edsel - Former Museum Car - PINK! - Minneapolis, MN - Not Mine - 9/15 Price Reduced

One thing we can all be sure of, this color combination isn't going to come back into style anytime soon. What do you guys imagine the symbols are on the trunk lid mounted dealer name plate? I believe that the one on the right might be Mercury, the winged messenger. The one on the left has me puzzled, though. Any thoughts?

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
On 9/15/2020 at 7:00 PM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

What do you guys imagine the symbols are on the trunk lid mounted dealer name plate? I believe that the one on the right might be Mercury, the winged messenger. The one on the left has me puzzled, though. Any thoughts?

Rather than Winged messenger, the right side appears to be a caricature of a Native American with his feathered headdress laid back,

and the one on the left side of the dealer's name appears to be a canoe and possibly some sort of shield beyond it

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

Rather than Winged messenger, the right side appears to be a caricature of a Native American with his feathered headdress laid back,

and the one on the left side of the dealer's name appears to be a canoe and possibly some sort of shield beyond it

Your thoughts seem more likely than mine. Someone from our prize department in Medford, OR will be contacting you shortly.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Could the Indian theme mean that that dealer

focused on Pontiac, but took on an Edsel franchise?

That's a nice original car in classic colors but it's still a loser on so many levels.  I had 1 '58 4-door Citation many years ago.  Black and silver.  Folks would say, oh, so that's an Edsel!  So cool.  I bet it's worth a lot of money."  To which I'd say, " Yes, it is!  Wanna buy it?".  Took a long time to sell but it went to New Zealand.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to 1959 Edsel - Former Museum Car - PINK! - Minneapolis, MN - Not Mine - 4/2 & 9/15 Price Reduced