Locomobile 8 Cylinder Gathering Place

Who can speak about the differences between the Junior 8, the 8-70, the 8-80, the 8-88 and the 8-90?  Are the 8-80 and the 8-88 basically the same car just a different year?  Was there ever built an 8-90 or 8-120?  Pictures would be good.

Al

Don't own it -- but found a nice set of photos for a 1928 Locomobile on Worthpoint.

A Model 8-70 Sedan which had won an AACA First in 1967, been in the Harrah collection, and was for sale about 15 years ago, probably in the U.K. It has a 246.7 Cu. In. Lycoming I-8 powerplant. They seemed to think the serial number was DS 8336.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1928-locomobile-70-sedan-163858797

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Has anyone here run a Locomobile Junior 8 against or with a Little "8" Marmon?  I am curious how they actually compare.  At one time I owned a 1927 "Little" Marmon 4 passenger speedster.  It was a nice running car and ran out very well.  I have to admit, that automobile taught me to NOT hold Dayton wire wheels in high regard.  It was certainly a nice looking 4 passenger touring car.  If you can, share some thoughts on the Junior 8 Locomobile.

Alan

• 4 months later...

Here is a few pictures of a very nice 1927 full classic Model 8-80 Locomobile.  Check out the "Not Mine" under cars for sale on the AACA for sale forums.

Picture 1

Al

8A0BDAE5-5CB5-4A7E-9C47-CAB6E0CDDBF6.thumb.jpeg.1f28fc86178fc3b319f8a86ad7158c48.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to the huge Locomobile literature collection now held by the Bridgeport Public Library.  They are very nice and helpful to deal with.  If you need or want anything listed give them a try.  The list is extensive!!

• 4 weeks later...