Wrecked 90 Convert

Can you get the information on the car? How else will we ever get an Idea of how many are in wrecking yards if people don't report. I need the vin to add it to the database.....maybe someday it will show up restored.

Barney, I usually check out www.iaai-bid.com once in a while to see if there are local Reattas out there. Also www.copart.com. I have probably seen 5 or so convertibles in the last 2-3 years and maybe 350-400 coupes. If you call, they will probably give you the VIN. I have seen some of the coupes go for $100 - $200 range. I am sure your local junk yard will bid for you if you want one.

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE

WRECKED 90 BLK CONVERT. I WOULD POSSIBLY INTERESTED

IN PURCHASING IT FOR RESTORATION OR PARTS, I HAVE

A 90 CONVERT. AS WELL. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE

ANY INFO WHATSOEVER YOU CAN SUPPLY ME,LIKE WHO CAN I CONTACT

WHAT CONDITION THE VEHICLE IS IN ETC......THANKS

YOU MAY EMAIL ME @: JAZONE726@AOL.COM

• 2 months later...

Many may remember this string of posts in December. Well, the car is now in my possession, and it was quite a chore to land it. As referenced , the auction site in Detroit was only accessible by salvage dealers, but thanks to Dan Carney in Des Moines, Iowa, who owns the Lenders and Insurers Auto Auction, I managed to be linked to bid. My bid came up $125 short of the high bid, and phase two kicked in. The auction manager did make me aware of the high bidder, that he was a dealer, likely to have acquired it for resale. I contacted him, and for several weeks, while he considered my 61 Electra 225 convertible in swap, and rebuilt the front left strut, and left rear hub, I found a buyer for the 61. By early February, the suspension repair was done, and arrangements were made for transportation from Michigan to Iowa. The dealer is JD Metro Motors in Detroit, and Doug Everard the owner who was straight up in dealing with me. We agreed on a price quickly, a deal for us both, and The Car Chasers, Inc. of Des Moines dellivered it to my door this evening. For those who remember the photos at the site, it is black with tan, CD, 16way, tan top. I'll send full registration info to Barney, but just wanted to share the news, and thank those who first posted about the site, and car, and gave me the incentive to pursue it through to the end. The engine compartment is very clean, it runs smoothly, the top looks recent, the bladder holds air, and the keyless remote looks unused. There's work to do, windshield, left side fender and door, but to hit the light switch and have both pods salute was a real kick!! May have to change my screen name to plural.....

Dale