Rebuild Lincoln Houde shocks or recommend a shop

AB-Buff

Hi

Looking for information on rebuilding 1935 Lincoln Houde shocks or if there is a good recommended shop to do  it. I have a lot  to do and I really don't want to make fixtures to do this, if I send the out I want them to last  a few years. hopefully 10-15 without leaking.  Any recommendations?  I have heard of Five Points in SoCal and Apple hydraulics I think in NY.

Lynn

Call Lazar at Apple Hydraulics.  He does a good job, reasonable turn-around time, good quality.  He knows about Houdaille shocks.  The ones for big cars like Lincoln and Studebaker are different from the smaller Model A Ford versions.

143205206_Houdailleshockmounted.thumb.jpg.1f40c5f4e1def70da19d9531983a5610.jpg

• Like 1

I had the fronts on my Pierce done at Five Points in Santa Ana, CA and while the work was great they are pricey.

Even though they said my shocks were extremely nice inside and only needed seals I got hit over $600 for the job.

On 8/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, zepher said:

I had the fronts on my Pierce done at Five Points in Santa Ana, CA and while the work was great they are pricey.

Even though they said my shocks were extremely nice inside and only needed seals I got hit over $600 for the job.

If they work well and ... then that really is a deal !!!

They just received mine yesterday, I sent all 4 to 5 Star.  it's now $350.00 per shock, apple was $365.  I have more people saying 5 star is better so I sent them there.  I have talked with Mike on the phone a few times and I think they are going to be fine.

Thanks for the input

Lynn

It is very pleasing to learn and then to see two companies recommended.

I learned about Apple on this site, told my friend Jim, he sent his 1940 Buick front shocks, they had rebuilt exchange on the shelf and he had them installed with in a week.

This site is a wonderful source of help, guidance, suggestions and friend ship to many.

Thanks to all 

Hans

• Like 1